2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has one of these rear bumper guards. I'll be loading my bike in/out of my trunk, and I've been careful so far with my metal MTB pedals, but I'm sure one day it'll slip and ruin my paint. The only problem is the price - it's $130 w/o installation, is there anywhere else to buy these?! I've seen them on e-bay, but they come out to the same price after "shipping" costs.

Also - my car is black - how do you think this stainless steel version would look?

0000-8T-L30

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think a bumper guard is worth it. Mine came with the factory option, but the poster above seems to have a good solution also with the black one. I might try that if I didn't have one already.

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
That matte black one is too short. I wish it went all the way to the crease to the left of the skyactiv logo

·
Registered
310 Posts
Here ya go. $78.

FWIW, I think the stainless looks excellent against the black.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got the black one also for 26 bucks, yes I wish it could have been a little longer but it's just fine. Purchased from Zeta Products, fast shipping.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well, darn - now I'm torn between the two! On the one hand, I think the stainless looks great. On the other hand, the black looks decent, AND it's way cheaper, AND it's probably more effective/less prone to scratches and dings than the stainless.

Sometimes I'm cursed with too many choices! :D

·
Technical Director
303 Posts
I bought one, and I think it's worth it. I left a mark on our previous daily driver getting groceries out of the hatch. Didn't want to do that again!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey have you used the first link's website before? justautotrim? (2014 Mazda 3 Axela Stainless steel Rear Bumper Protector sill plate cover - $75.00 : JUST-autotrim, The Art of Auto trim parts)

I have purchased the part and payed the money, but have not heard anything back nor has my order been processed. I dont know if it is a scam. Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
The OEM stainless steel guard looks great on my Deep Crystal Blue hatchback, but doesn't fully protect the extreme edge of bumper. I already have 4 paint chips less than a year after installing the guard.

·
2017 Mazda 3 GT-M 2.0 120
54 Posts
I've got the stainless version laying somewhere in the garage. Didn't wanted to use it, came with the option beneath the passenger doors.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I like silver

1 - 18 of 18 Posts