2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased an 05 Mazda 3 2.0 Sport Petrol

The blower and heating only come on after about 25 minutes of driving the car. Before that all i get is a slight wurring sound, which leaves me to beleive its the motor, however it could be a sensor becuase after 25 minutes the blower comes on full blast and the heating inside gets nice and warm. In short i have no idea what the issue is and i cant get a booking with Mazda until next week, where they will charge me silly money for a diagnostics check.

Has anybody had this issue? If so how did you fix?

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
sounds like either a blower motor or a blower motor resistor. with it making the noise i would say the blower motor maybe failing and after the 25 minutes it frees up and works. does it do this on every fan speed setting, like say if you set it on speed 1 and drive does it come on full blast when it comes on? or does it stay in the lower speed? if it always goes to the high speed i would actually suspect a faulty resistor

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar symptoms, the fan would start working in 5-20 minutes. However it did NOT make any noise beforehand so maybe not the same issue.

I replaced the relay for the fan in the under-hood fuse box next to the battery. The horn relay is the same and should see a lot less use so I grabbed a horn relay from a junkyard car. Fixed.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
my 03 protege made a click clack noise from the blower motor it was annoying unless i had the music up, but it always functioned so i never fully investigated it. and it did that for 3 or 4 years without any other issues arising. RedGT maybe right in that a relay maybe to blame,however the fact yours is making a noise leads me to believe its the actual blower motor, not just a relay or resistor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts