2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my oil and added a bit too much. I took one of the oil pumps and slipped the tube down into the dip stick hole way too far and lost the tube when I tried to pull it back out. I am hoping that if I drop the oil pan I can get it out. It felt like something mechanical was stopping it from being pulled out of the dip stick tube.

Will dropping the pan expose where it went? I cant find Schematics or diagrams to show me where the dip stick tube runs. Any suggestions or anyone with info?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I doubt many people have dropped the oil pan these cars are still a bit new.

I think this cars dip stick goes directly into the engine rather than using a dip stick tube. I was going to suggest removing the dip stick tube but looks like it is not an option.

I would phone a dealer and tell them what happened and see what they suggest.

One suggest I have is if it was a plastic tubing find something that has a slightly large diameter than the inner diameter of the tubing and maybe you get lucky and stick it in there.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Let us know how you make out as this is an unusual situation.

·
The Adventure Mazda
152 Posts
I dont want to make things worse for you but have you tried a very small fishing hook and dropping it down in there? I'd be very nervous doing this but the idea popped into my head. Probably calling dealer is best option. I've overfilled a few times over the years and I always just unscrew the drain plug enough to let it drip out for a minute or two. Good luck!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks. I've got the 106N and the 106S bookmarked, but didn't know if their warning about the longer nipple made sense for our particular cars and the angle of the drain.
I installed the Fumoto with the longer nipple with no issues. The longer nipple eliminates any possibly of the hose falling off when draining the oil. There is a fumoto that swivels, which would have allowed the top of the valve to swivel up, instead of angling down as it does with the "N". I made the conscientious decision to avoid the swivel. Even though not likely, the point of swivel allows another opportunity to either leak or come loose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts