2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was thinking about getting the CorkSport SRI + air box in the near future, but i have never had something like this and i live in California ( South, San Bernardino county ). My car is a 2013 iTouring SkyActiv. my question is, what is the reality of getting pulled over and inspected? is it something serious? also, since i take my car to the dealer for oil changes would i need to start doing them myself?

same question goes for the CS exhaust. thanks guys.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It probably won't ever be an issue, if you get pulled over.

The dealer would have to prove that the SRI and the exhaust was the cause for any warranty related problems.

The parts are easy to swap out if you really had to.
awesome, thanks. i was also just worried about dealer complaining about it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
As long as it's a catback exhaust it's not a problem. Messing with the cats is what's illegal. As far as the intake technically its illegal but around here usually the only cars getting harassed are riced out pos cars aka Hondas. Idk how it is where you live but I would keep all the stock parts in case you ever need to swap back

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
this..
if you do not have CARB sticker on your intake, you will fail the visual inspection on your smog.
chill smog shops don't care, (and really it doesn't matter since it doesn't affect actual emissions) by the book shops will fail you.

·
Silver Surfer
2,904 Posts
awesome, thanks. i was also just worried about dealer complaining about it.

I took my car for an oil change today. Since I still get free oil changes. They did the oil change and told me if any warranty issues pop up change into stock parts and bring it in... Some dealers may not be this cool...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this..
if you do not have CARB sticker on your intake, you will fail the visual inspection on your smog.
chill smog shops don't care, (and really it doesn't matter since it doesn't affect actual emissions) by the book shops will fail you.
my friend owns a smog shop, and i go there often. he also does illegal smogs time to time. mine will be free when i need one.

·
Registered
58 Posts
See my thread "Cheap Cold Air Intake". First of all, it doesn't look like a mod, so it probably wouldn't get noticed anyway, and it still uses the stock MAF sensor. I don't see how they could fail a car that still uses the stock Throttle Body, MAF Sensor, and the "mostly" stock Airbox, but I am admittedly not that familiar with CARB regs. The nice thing about this mod is that you can also plug the intake side and all the air would be coming through the stock tubing from the grill. BTW, my car with this mod has never had a CEL show up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts