2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined the forum to learn how to replace the cabin air filter on my wife's 2010 3S. Used the search feature and found nizzy1115's DIY thread "How to change the cabin air filter." This excellent tutorial plus the 8 pages of questions, experiences and suggestions have me fired up to git er done! Picked up the filters from the dealer today for $32.00 including tax, and when my grandson returns the Mazda (his Audi A5S is in the body shop) I think the replacement will go well. I'll post in nizzy's thread to brag or beg for help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swerv - it was suggested that my first post appear in the newbe forum. I'll recap my experience in the DIY thread. By the way, our 2010 3S is Celestial Blue, my wife's all time favorite car and color. We like your wheels!

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Hey its no problem to me. I'm just informing you for the future. Which wheels? The one on my speed or the celestial blue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dark wheels on the C B really look good. The wife likes the stock 17 inchers, maybe I can talk her into a Plastidip project.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The dark wheels on the C B really look good. The wife likes the stock 17 inchers, maybe I can talk her into a Plastidip project.
I'm plastidippin' everything!! I can't stop. haha

if you want nicer wheels, check for some oem mazda wheels on craigslist or something like that. you could get trhem for cheap. at least cheaper than aftermarket wheels. I've always thought the old rx8 wheels (5 spoke) looked nice on a mazda3.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Yep that's what we have. Those are the stock rims Plasti-dipped. Also we painted the center caps blue to match the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The cabin air filter replacement for the 2010 3 is really really easy. I was a little confused looking at the diy posted on here only because the camera angles on the diy post appeared to be confusing, but when doing it, it makes complete sense and everything is straight forward. the two panels you take off come off in less than a minute and then the two screws you have to remove are probably the toughest part because it can be a tiny bit tricky to get to them. I would suggest using a short phillips head screwdriver if you have one. I think using a short one makes it easier. The only other thing is to just make sure you put the new filter in the same way the old one came out. If you use the Mazda OEM filter they go in pretty easy. The first time I replaced mine I used a purolator filter that I bought from advance auto. it worked out great but it seemed like it took an extra few minutes getting the filters lined up. With the oem filter it went in really fast.

Oh yeah one other tip that I use, it's not my idea but I tried it out and it really works well and prolongs the use of the cabin air filter is to line the inside of the cabin filter with a fabric softener drier sheet. It really works and prolongs the use of the cabin air filter. Good Luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts