2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
OMG You DID It !! Hahaha. Could you share what sensors are you using ? and what files need to be installed ? :)
Now it's me that wasn't here for a while.

The sensors are OEM (with the Abarth) and seem to be VDO Type TG1C, but a lot sensors seem to be compatible. I have some Aligator senseIt

i will strongly suggest not to use rtlsdr as it is too cpu heavy in processing raw demodulated waveform data. I have several experiments with RTLSDR in weather station projects and the amount of data you need to process may be taxing to the cmu processor :)
In order to encode the signals, I worked with RTL SDR but that was just to know what to listen for and how to encode the raw data. (Also interesting how many 433 MHz devices were sending in the neighbourhood. Could open operate some garage doors or lights in the future.
If anyone is interested, the encoding is here: https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/blob/master/src/devices/tpms_abarth124.c

But for the microcontroller I'm using a CC1101 receiver.

Update on the App:
The prototype is using the incoming data in the order the data comes in. @MazdaRacerDude if you know that the order of your BLE sensors is FL, FR, RL, RR, you can make a few modifications and use that code.

At the moment I'm working on a few things:
Automatic recognition of make and model and their images.
A setup screen to set the order of the incoming data if they are not in the correct order, and also to set and modify some other data.
An installer that also works with 70.x CMU fw. At the moment it has to be installed manually.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Now it's me that wasn't here for a while.

The sensors are OEM (with the Abarth) and seem to be VDO Type TG1C, but a lot sensors seem to be compatible. I have some Aligator senseIt

In order to encode the signals, I worked with RTL SDR but that was just to know what to listen for and how to encode the raw data. (Also interesting how many 433 MHz devices were sending in the neighbourhood. Could open operate some garage doors or lights in the future.
If anyone is interested, the encoding is here: https://github.com/merbanan/rtl_433/blob/master/src/devices/tpms_abarth124.c

But for the microcontroller I'm using a CC1101 receiver.

Update on the App:
The prototype is using the incoming data in the order the data comes in. @MazdaRacerDude if you know that the order of your BLE sensors is FL, FR, RL, RR, you can make a few modifications and use that code.

At the moment I'm working on a few things:
Automatic recognition of make and model and their images.
A setup screen to set the order of the incoming data if they are not in the correct order, and also to set and modify some other data.
An installer that also works with 70.x CMU fw. At the moment it has to be installed manually.
Thank you :) The manual install part creeps me out as of the moment as i might put the system in boot loop. Nice talking to you in IG btw, i had to create a quick acct to get to you faster hahaha.

This is not just copying the files to the tweaks folder Trezdog created for a working installer right ?

·
Registered
326 Posts
View attachment 279398

and its working .Thanks to Torben :)
Hi @MazdaRacerDude !
That very cool TPMS App. Did it show this TPMS screen when one of tire low pressure, i mean when we in home screen of infotaiment, one of tire has low pressure, it will display TPMS pressure screen! If yes, it very cool...
I'm trying to do some thìng like your, could you tell me some info like:
  • What brand of TPMS sensor did you use?
  • Could you please sharing you TPMS App interface or Could you tell me which step to build that?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hi @MazdaRacerDude !
That very cool TPMS App. Did it show this TPMS screen when one of tire low pressure, i mean when we in home screen of infotaiment, one of tire has low pressure, it will display TPMS pressure screen! If yes, it very cool...
I'm trying to do some thìng like your, could you tell me some info like:
  • What brand of TPMS sensor did you use?
  • Could you please sharing you TPMS App interface or Could you tell me which step to build that?

Thank you very much!
Sensor model is VC601 BLE (Bluetooth sensors) there are two versions - CAP type and the one placed inside the tire itself. I am using the one that is mounted inside the tire rim.

The actual implementation is described on the thread discussions;

1. A bluetooth (or 434Mhz Arduino based) receiver is needed and is connected to the USB port of the car
The drivers of the board should be in HCI mode thus it is presented to the OS as HCI compliant boards
which can be read using libsusb.

2. the UI is provided by Torben but needs to be installed manually as there is no installer yet.
3. The libusb drivers are also available and was coded by Torben - You might need to ask him.

Currently the USB drivers is attached to an application script within speedometer from AIO . Speedometer has a script being executed regularly and the TPMS libusb program is exected using that script (sideloaded)

Current status right now - everything has to be installed manually and might need further customization depending on the sensors you have

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sensor model is VC601 BLE (Bluetooth sensors) there are two versions - CAP type and the one placed inside the tire itself. I am using the one that is mounted inside the tire rim.

The actual implementation is described on the thread discussions;

1. A bluetooth (or 434Mhz Arduino based) receiver is needed and is connected to the USB port of the car
The drivers of the board should be in HCI mode thus it is presented to the OS as HCI compliant boards
which can be read using libsusb.

2. the UI is provided by Torben but needs to be installed manually as there is no installer yet.
3. The libusb drivers are also available and was coded by Torben - You might need to ask him.

Currently the USB drivers is attached to an application script within speedometer from AIO . Speedometer has a script being executed regularly and the TPMS libusb program is exected using that script (sideloaded)

Current status right now - everything has to be installed manually and might need further customization depending on the sensors you have
Thank for that infor of this project...
1. I understood about this, thank
2. Could you please share the UI of this, so i can take a look in to it code, I try to make my own, but not successful because i don't understand about coding in CASDK good enought...
3. I'll ask him for sharing this libusb for TPMS project... thank!

I have an idea is: there is some one sell TPMS set (TPMS Sensor and TPMS Receiver USB) which can use for Android Headunit (or Android Phone),
Is the chance or anyway to implement it to Mzd Infotaiment System?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Found a UI debugger for NativeApps and did some adjustments on the TPMS codes;

1. Displayed the Voltage Data of all 5 sensors (3.0V battery inside) including the spare tire. Yup there are three values that are being transmitted - pressure, temperature , and sensor battery voltage.
2. Adjusted the bar graph to accomodate PSI range centered on 29psi which is the ideal range for this car.
3. Changed the car model

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Hi @MazdaRacerDude
My car use TPMS system like picture bellow... but i don't really like it, because it doesn't has option to change to kPa/cm3 or BAR, only PSI... and some text in china....
Is there anyway to use this menthod with my TPMS sensor... it's frequency is 433Mhz... May I follow Torben's mention above...
Thank!
TPMS system 1: TPMS Sensor and TPMS Receiver
TPMS system 2: Installed on my car
Torben's sensors are 433Mhz , there is code to receive and decode those sensors.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Found a UI debugger for NativeApps and did some adjustments on the TPMS codes;

1. Displayed the Voltage Data of all 5 sensors (3.0V battery inside) including the spare tire. Yup there are three values that are being transmitted - pressure, temperature , and sensor battery voltage.
2. Adjusted the bar graph to accomodate PSI range centered on 29psi which is the ideal range for this car.
3. Changed the car model

View attachment 279437 View attachment 279438
Look at your emu of Mzd Connect, i guest you aren't use CASDK, Don't you?
I'm trying to use CASDK to build TPMS UI, but it hard to use and implement code to get value of text file, which file have tpms pressure, temperature etc.
May be i will try to do like you...
I will very happy if you can help me, how to read data from sensor and save to text file....
Thank.
Best regards.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Look at your emu of Mzd Connect, i guest you aren't use CASDK, Don't you?
I'm trying to use CASDK to build TPMS UI, but it hard to use and implement code to get value of text file, which file have tpms pressure, temperature etc.
May be i will try to do like you...
I will very happy if you can help me, how to read data from sensor and save to text file....
Thank.
Best regards.
not really a fan of CASDK, tried it but startup routines seem to have some sort of racing with the initialization part that sometimes it does not get initialized properly. With NativeApps approach, there is no delay in the start up process.

The most simple way to explain is listing the events that will take place to display the tpms data;

1. Sensor transmits pressure, temperature , and sensor battery voltage data
2. Bluetooth receiver or 433Mhz receiver receives the data and presents it to the infotainment OS
3. Program within the infotainment then reads and decode the data from the USB port
4. The decoded data is then stored in a text file
5. Text file is then read the by the UI codes and pushes the contents to the screen

·
Registered
326 Posts
not really a fan of CASDK, tried it but startup routines seem to have some sort of racing with the initialization part that sometimes it does not get initialized properly. With NativeApps approach, there is no delay in the start up process.

The most simple way to explain is listing the events that will take place to display the tpms data;

1. Sensor transmits pressure, temperature , and sensor battery voltage data
2. Bluetooth receiver or 433Mhz receiver receives the data and presents it to the infotainment OS
3. Program within the infotainment then reads and decode the data from the USB port
4. The decoded data is then stored in a text file
5. Text file is then read the by the UI codes and pushes the contents to the screen
Hi @MazdaRacerDude!
Thank for imediately respond.
1. I understood this process
2. This process i understood too, but don't how it can be done?
3. This point i have confused, how apps in infotaiment can read data from the usb port? Etc: the Speedometer read speed, gear possition value throught dbus-send commant over dbus_service_socket, but with your TPMS Apps using BLE and Readbear board, i can't imagine how to do that...
4. This related to section 3 right
5. OK, this section i know how it does, because i code it on my Speedometer longtime ago...

Could you please intrustion more detail about section 2 and 3?

Thank!

Best regards.

·
Registered
326 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Hi @MazdaRacerDude!
Thank for imediately respond.
1. I understood this process
2. This process i understood too, but don't how it can be done?
3. This point i have confused, how apps in infotaiment can read data from the usb port? Etc: the Speedometer read speed, gear possition value throught dbus-send commant over dbus_service_socket, but with your TPMS Apps using BLE and Readbear board, i can't imagine how to do that...
4. This related to section 3 right
5. OK, this section i know how it does, because i code it on my Speedometer longtime ago...

Could you please intrustion more detail about section 2 and 3?

Thank!

Best regards.
Hi @MazdaRacerDude

I try look in to your file:
and i saw you use #include <libusb-1.0/libusb.h>...
Does this is special, was customized libusb or it is libusb i can download on internet?
Because i have an error when run make command and it tell me can't file the libusb.h...
Thank
Best regards.

sent you PM :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
That look great!
Did you try to make it automatic display on any screen if tire pressure lower than normal (which pressure level depend on user set on code)?
That is my idea when try to make speedomenter sound alarm when overspeed occurs.
Thank,
Best regards.

there is audio notification. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #80 (Edited)
For better reception, the cc2540 board is situated on the upper portion of the windshield nad hidden inside that 3d printed black box using an extension usb cable.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts