2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Here is a picture of the dongle with CC debugger. The USB case is from an old USB TV dongle. Once programmed, you can plug it directly to car's USB port and it will be presented on the infotainment as a standard HCI usb device.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey @MazdaRacerDude,
haven't really expected an answer anymore, so let me say thank you for replying! :D

Meanwhile I've found that I drew some wrong conclusions in the beginning. I think I thought that the code goes onto the mc/board. I found someone who had written a small C programm and corresponding ino for serial communication between the Redbear (or even an Arduino) and a Linux based system (localy a VM with Ubuntu).

I'm working with RedBear Duo now, btw.

That polls the BLE data and also has two oil sensors connected to its pins. So the programm is executed the same way you did, from the speedometer.sh. It's sending a message to the microcontroller, like "get TPMS" or "get OIL". The microcontroller then responds with the TPMS or OIL values (or both).

That's working great. A modified version of the Speedometer App is also working, but I ran into problems with my own CASDK apps. That's a different story, though. The apps only seem to register only very rarely. 99% of the time they're not shown in the apps menu.

Another problem is the BLE. Did you notice that the signal is really weak? The board with the onboard BLE antenna is below the steering column and most of the time I don't receive data from the passenger side. The transmission probably blocks the signal? I installed an external antenna, but that only helps 25% of the time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
yes the readbear chip antenna is kinda weak. If using TI's CC2540 USB dongle with a wired pattern antenna on the board, signal reception greatly improved. Also, from the original code, you need to capture at least 5 or more instances of the BLE advertisement before restarting the usb device and exiting. The original code will only read one packet and then exits. If there are multiple BLE devices within the ca (transmission from the mobile phone. BLE wearables, etc.), reading 1 packet at a time is not advisable as it lowers the probability of getting the packets from the tpms sensor because it has to be at the right moment when the transmission will start and tpms program is reading a packet at the same time. Increasing it 5 or more gives you better chance of getting the sensor packets.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Also, if using the Redbear board with eh 2.4ghz chip antenna, the receiver has to be placed high such as beside the rearview mirror for better reception. If using the TI's CC2540 USB dongle with the wired pattern board antenna, reception is ok even if the dongle is directly plugged on the USB port of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey @MazdaRacerDude,
haven't really expected an answer anymore, so let me say thank you for replying! :D

Meanwhile I've found that I drew some wrong conclusions in the beginning. I think I thought that the code goes onto the mc/board. I found someone who had written a small C programm and corresponding ino for serial communication between the Redbear (or even an Arduino) and a Linux based system (localy a VM with Ubuntu).

I'm working with RedBear Duo now, btw.

That polls the BLE data and also has two oil sensors connected to its pins. So the programm is executed the same way you did, from the speedometer.sh. It's sending a message to the microcontroller, like "get TPMS" or "get OIL". The microcontroller then responds with the TPMS or OIL values (or both).

That's working great. A modified version of the Speedometer App is also working, but I ran into problems with my own CASDK apps. That's a different story, though. The apps only seem to register only very rarely. 99% of the time they're not shown in the apps menu.

Another problem is the BLE. Did you notice that the signal is really weak? The board with the onboard BLE antenna is below the steering column and most of the time I don't receive data from the passenger side. The transmission probably blocks the signal? I installed an external antenna, but that only helps 25% of the time.
hello, have you successfully uploaded tpms to mazdaconnect yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, if using the Redbear board with eh 2.4ghz chip antenna, the receiver has to be placed high such as beside the rearview mirror for better reception. If using the TI's CC2540 USB dongle with the wired pattern board antenna, reception is ok even if the dongle is directly plugged on the USB port of the car.

·
Registered
294 Posts
It not simple like that, it requaired hardware (BLE TPMS transmit and device to receiver signal sent by TPMS transmiter) and software to decode and display tpms parameter on TPMS program (this standar alone program) run on Mazda Connect...
So it very complicated and too expensive than external TPMS module....

·
Registered
5 Posts
It not simple like that, it requaired hardware (BLE TPMS transmit and device to receiver signal sent by TPMS transmiter) and software to decode and display tpms parameter on TPMS program (this standar alone program) run on Mazda Connect...
So it very complicated and too expensive than external TPMS module....
In my country, I know of a successful man in putting tpms on mazdaconnect. But he’s very silent.

·
Registered
294 Posts
In my country, I know of a successful man in putting tpms on mazdaconnect. But he’s very silent.
No body can do that without TPMS device (TPMS Valve and send/receiver dongle) and code the program to display on CMU the value of TPMS, which is genarate by send/receiver dongle....
That man, who you are mentioned is my little brother, he bought that combo from china, but the jack of that combo must be edit to use with Mazda Connect in Viet Nam, because the Mazda CMU of China too diffirent with Mazda CMU of Viet Nam...
It display on Mazda Connect using CAN bus, not use program like Torben wrote here...
Did you clearly?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi @jupiter95
yes, we are working on that. I have a RasPi, dongle and antenna to receive the signal, but I haven't set it up yet. A friend of mine has it running and actually received signals from all four original TPMS sensors. Unfortunately, we haven't found the correct decoding of the signal, so far. So the values don't seem correct.

One of the automatically decoded messages:
Code:
time      : @0.174960s
model     : Jansite      type      : TPMS          id        : 0f365c0
flags     : 0            Pressure  : 12 kPa        Temperature: 91 C
code      : 0f365c01078d40
Something doesn't add up.

Can you tell me a bit more about the repository and the files you linked there? Did you receive the signals, decode it and get them into the CMU with these?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi @Torben,

No I haven't tested mazda cmu rtlsdr tools version yet. Although I do know this set of tools from my other projects; reading wmbus signals, weather station sensors etc.

Reading this thread I realized that other alternatives then rtlsdr might be a bit complicated. But yes good decoding algorithm is a key.

Its a bit an offtopic - in this forum nobody even started investigating this ODB2 to CMU proxy chip. Looks like the implementation of ODB2 dbus has never been completed by Mazda. When you look at spec from early firmware (checksummaster/m3-dbus) most of the signals are dummy or provide wrong data. It's never changed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
A bit off topic, because this is about the 433 MHz (US: 315 MHz) OEM sensors:

Looks like it's not exactly the Jansite encryption but close: The 5th byte multiplied by 1.4 seems to be the pressure in kPa and the 6th byte minus 50 seems to be the temperature in °C.
The Jansite code uses a 1.7 multiplicator for pressure. This is just an idea based on the intercepted signals that I got from a friend. I'll try to verify this over the weekend.

Goal: 433 MHz antenna on my microcontroller to receive the OEM sensor data and to pass them to the CMU. I'd love to get rid of the ugly BLE valve covers ... ;)

41 - 55 of 55 Posts