2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you. I'm working on a locale array for the UI and a vehicle array to show other cars as well, depending on the VehicleData.

I'm not experienced with Arduinos or similar boards. For now, I'd like to plug in an Arduino (Uno or preferably Nano) as USB device and access data from within the CASDK app. If anyone is able to help me with that, that'd be greatly appreciated.

@MazdaRacerDude: What's confusing me also is, when you said you'd test the variables via libusb in the Speedometer app, you wrote about a speedometer.sh – but the CASDK app speedometer is JS. Is that .sh on the board? How'd you access the data in the speedometer's JS file? Could I test this with just a file on an usb drive?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Thank you. I'm working on a locale array for the UI and a vehicle array to show other cars as well, depending on the VehicleData.

I'm not experienced with Arduinos or similar boards. For now, I'd like to plug in an Arduino (Uno or preferably Nano) as USB device and access data from within the CASDK app. If anyone is able to help me with that, that'd be greatly appreciated.

@MazdaRacerDude: What's confusing me also is, when you said you'd test the variables via libusb in the Speedometer app, you wrote about a speedometer.sh – but the CASDK app speedometer is JS. Is that .sh on the board? How'd you access the data in the speedometer's JS file? Could I test this with just a file on an usb drive?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhn0Z5f3CkQ
If i'm not wrong, the speedometer.sh is used to access vehicleData throught websocket and then export data to some variable, after that speedometer's JS file use that variable to process data from variable and display result using css and html code....

May be someone will explain better than me....

Thank and best regards!

·
Registered
33 Posts
No, next steps is trying to get TPMS data from OBD2.
If that doesn't work, I have to order BLE valve caps. Or read the original 433 MHz signals.

Not as easy as I thought.

·
Registered
307 Posts
No, next steps is trying to get TPMS data from OBD2.
If that doesn't work, I have to order BLE valve caps. Or read the original 433 MHz signals.

Not as easy as I thought.
That great news!

Embedded TPMS is used data from sensor of ABS module, so i think may be it hard to separation TPMS data from combine data in ABS.

I will try to take data using script smdb-read

<signal name="TPMSWarnBuzzer_B_Rq">
<arg name="TPMSWarnBuzzer" direction="in" type="b" />
</signal>
<signal name="TPMSCtlLamp_D_Rq">
<arg name="TPMSCtlLamp" direction="in" type="y" />
</signal>
<signal name="TPMSAnsBack_B_Rq">
<arg name="TPMSAnsBack" direction="in" type="b" />
</signal>
<signal name="FLTirePressure_D_Stat">
<arg name="FLTirePres_Stat" direction="in" type="y" />
</signal>
<signal name="RLTirePressure_D_Stat">
<arg name="RLTirePres_Stat" direction="in" type="y" />
</signal>
<signal name="RRTirePressure_D_Stat">
<arg name="RRTirePres_Stat" direction="in" type="y" />
but it loss <signal name="FRTirePressure_D_Stat">

What do you think?

Thanks and best regards!

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's interesting.

Embedded TPMS is used data from sensor of ABS module, so i think may be it hard to separation TPMS data from combine data in ABS.
You do have active TPMS with sensors in the tires, right? Then why would you look at the ABS module?

ABS alone won't tell you tire pressure. :confused1 1:

Here's something for people with some OBD2 knowledge and gear: With a Y-cable you should be able to hook up two devices. One that can read TPMS data and one to stream all live messages within the system. In that, you filter out known PIDs, anything that can be identified as unnecessary. Then you repeatedly request the TPMS data with the other device and watch the live stream if there's anything that could be identified as the request or response. That way, you could learn the PIDs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's interesting.

You do have active TPMS with sensors in the tires, right? Then why would you look at the ABS module?

ABS alone won't tell you tire pressure. :confused1 1:
In US cars anyway, there are no sensors in the tires from the factory. From my understanding TPMS just calculates the relative pressures in the tires from the wheel speeds. If all your tires were to leak at exactly the same rate, it couldn't catch it. Likewise it won't catch seasonal changes from summer to winter.

·
Registered
307 Posts
@MazdaRacerDude!

I want try your idea in my car, but it hard to find and bought Redbear Labs BLE Mini bluetooth board, all site are out of stock...

Can we use other bluetooth board instead of Redbear Labs BLE Mini board?

If yes, Could you advise some bluetooth board to replace for Redbear Labs BLE Mini?

Thank alot!

Best regards!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do. I implied that you're either coming to a thread about a specific topic demanding that we tell you what the thread is about instead of reading the title and the first post yourself. Or you are a troll (looking at your usage of punctuation marks).

As MazdaRacerDude said in the title and in the first post, this thread is about bringing after market BLE sensor data to the CMU Infotainment.

It is not about ABS sensor data – which is what anhnga, skrubol and you seem to be talking about.

BLE is Bluetooth Low Energy and OP installed BLE sensors in his tires, he is not getting data from the car. I, however, have a car with OEM 433 MHz TPMS sensors and I'm trying to either get this data from the CAN or by a receiver unit directly. Then I'm using the same board as OP is using to bring the data to the same CMU Infotainment system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The car has BLE built in, (I'm 80% sure) but the setup JCI is using is VERY stupid. I'm currently working on reverse engineering the thing now for HUDTDS, but it's very complicated, and there's no documentation at all. That said, once I figure everything out it would be really easy to have the IVI do all the work on reading from the tire sensors itself. Wouldn't even need another usb port.

That said, I'm pretty sure that information is available via the canbus. I should be easy enough to figure out what magic numbers mean tire pressure. (The sensors from OP are likely to give better readings too)

·
Registered
33 Posts
The car has BLE built in, (I'm 80% sure) but the setup JCI is using is VERY stupid. I'm currently working on reverse engineering the thing now for HUDTDS, but it's very complicated, and there's no documentation at all. That said, once I figure everything out it would be really easy to have the IVI do all the work on reading from the tire sensors itself. Wouldn't even need another usb port.
The OE sensors are 315 (US) or 433 (EU) MHz, though, not BLE. If they're installed at all.

That said, I'm pretty sure that information is available via the canbus. I should be easy enough to figure out what magic numbers mean tire pressure. (The sensors from OP are likely to give better readings too)
Could be found out with a logger and a specific TPMS tool that both hook up to the CAN bus via Y cable. Again, if the car has OE sensors installed, that is.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I made some progress, re-did all the style work, but I'm stumbling with getting the data into the CASDK app.

Ha! I didn't know you wrote it in c!
Hi Trezdog44, MazdaRacerDude called the data via the speedometer.sh, how would this work for getting the data from within a CASDK app (which doesn't have .sh files but gets all the VehicleData from ... ? ehm, from where?) I can't test it in the car right now, but I'm preparing the code, maybe you can shed some light on this: Can I read "/tmp/mnt/data_persist/dev/bin/" from within the app.js? Or would it be better to ditch the CASDK idea and build the app similar to the Speedometer App (which is more like "standalone", correct?)?

Thanks a lot,
Torben

·
Registered
33 Posts
The only question remaining: How can I get my custom app into the systems caskd /app/-folder (not on the SD card)? I always get an error when trying to copy to the folder, even when trying to create a new one. And I used mount -o rw,remount / ...

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi Torben, Sorry for late reply. Was busy lately. If the BLE-Mini is out of stock, the alternative would be a Texas Instrument USB Dongle ;

This dongle is available on almost any online shop;

But you need to load the BLE-Mini Boot loader firmware ;

using TI's CC Debugger which is also available online;

Make sure you get the one with the smaller 10 pin connector.

From there, you can load the usual Redbear HCI firmware to the dongle by copying the HCI hex file to the file system created by the dongle when plugged to windows usb port (preferably non WIndows 10 due to bug in redbear) ;

21 - 40 of 58 Posts