2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is any version (region) of mzd connect that has FM based Radio Data System, RDS, to support Traffic Message Channel, TMC ?

Looking inside the Sat Nav files there are settings that could be used if the car hardware would support it.

·
Mazda 3 Owner
124 Posts
That's the online TMC, I'm asking if any Mazda mzd Connect system gets any Traffic via FM radio. The American version seems to mention HD radio but we don't get that in the UK.
I have a 2016 Mazda3 GT-M with built-in nav, which seems to pick up TMC from FM, at least in The Netherlands and Germany (drove through Germany yesterday and roadworks/traffic jams/diversions were shown on the map). There might be a setting that I have enabled to use it, but I can't remember. I would assume it's somewhere in the nav systems' settings).

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2016 Mazda3 GT-M with built-in nav, which seems to pick up TMC from FM, at least in The Netherlands and Germany (drove through Germany yesterday and roadworks/traffic jams/diversions were shown on the map). There might be a setting that I have enabled to use it, but I can't remember. I would assume it's somewhere in the nav systems' settings).
Hi Brightvalve
Please can you tell me your version number, is it an EU version?
It may not be possible but I thought I might be able to compare a working version with my "Online Only" one looking for differences. The online is better but very expensive when FM is free.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi Brightvalve
It may not be possible but I thought I might be able to compare a working version with my "Online Only" one looking for differences. The online is better but very expensive when FM is free.
MAZDA missed up with many firmware release , especially at jci/nng /ux folder. some have and some not RDS, just because to push owner buy online_TMC
so pull out a copy "ux" folder and post here the names of zip you have

·
Mazda 3 Owner
124 Posts
Hi Brightvalve
v56 (don't know the full version number and can't check at the moment), EU version. I didn't buy the online services stuff so I assume that it's FM-based.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts