161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Wow. Our cars are really safe. Soo... can I have those rim? :smiley:

·
ZOOM'IN around Mid-Ohio
213 Posts
Sorry to see that, glad you're alright.. Looks like you are off to a good start(over)..

·
Silver Surfer
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 · (Edited)

yea inaccuracy aside.. stage 1 gains i suppose.. not much hp but it gains a lotta tq apparently... and you do feel like you have lot of tq over stock.. but i don't think its this much >.>
221hp @ 5300rpm 262lbft @ 3600rpm
223hp @ 6000rpm 276lbft @ 3350rpm

·
Silver Surfer
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Good lord I haven't updated this thread in a while.. Ok time do a recap I suppose.
Thanks to a guy on MOCC selling his speed 3 parts I managed to snag a COBB downpipe, intake, front mount intercooler and a JBR 88 duro motor mount.. With the help of @mazdaspeedmyk and @Sublime27 the whole thing got done in a weekend.. :rock 1:

The fear of fire was real before starting the car up.. The smoking engine bay didn't help deviate the fear..

Then after that came the thirst for more power and completing all the parts to get a custom tune. So I ordered a COBB Turbo inlet hose, JBR recirc hose (Had to get this because the stock hose was kinked but functional, yet I was nuts and wanted to replace the hose with a stronger one that won't kink) along with a Forge BPV v2. COBB TIH and JBR recirc hose were not friends.. JBR hose had to be grounded down on the inside to fit but in the end it was all done and everything fit.. I also ran to the problem of stock shift weight hitting the intercooler pipe but that was resolved by adding a small shift weight. So this is how the engine bay looks.. Nothing fancy but it does the job..

Then I went down to Cobb SoCal to get a custom tune. Best numbers of the day are 276WHP and 337WTQ.

Funny story the day after I got to dyno the car by happens chance and the numbers kinda scared me.. I'm pretty sure the dyno was not calibrated right. It was also a Dynojet. I got 304HP and 354TQ.

So this where the car stands as of now. Then my horn died... This drove me nuts :censored 1:
So I decided to add hella horns.. Then I realized I have a god damn intercooler where everyone mounts their horns. So after 2 minutes of brainstorming I got tired and mounted it on the first hole I saw.

Horns are loud as hell and seems to work without any issues. So this ends my gigantic post haha.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Man that white car was badazz but the speeds even better. Im kinda regretting getting my 2014 3 over a 2013 blue speed 3 but i have to remind myself "fuel mileage" lol and i already have a toy so.

161 - 178 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.