2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting Black Enkei 18x8 +45mm offset mounted and balanced next few days and I would like to get some wheel locks for it. I am thinking Rays Engineering lug nuts 12x1.50. But there are two different kind. Long and short lug nuts, both of them being closed end. I'm pretty sure it's for appearance, but I would like to double check. Both of them should fit fine right?

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
A little tough to tell from the pics of the lug nuts, but the extended lugs look pretty long, IMHO. On a separate note, what color are you thinking about?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A little tough to tell from the pics of the lug nuts, but the extended lugs look pretty long, IMHO. On a separate note, what color are you thinking about?
They do look pretty long. I'm thinking about getting black lugnuts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Black's a safe bet. I was wondering how close the blue would match the color of your car... that could look pretty sweet, too.
Yeah..I was thinking about going with the blue one but then I didn't wanna risk it, cuz it is a pricey lug nuts. Black is definitely safe bet. So..I should be fine with just short closed end lug nuts right? Or do I need to get the long ones? short one is 35mm 12x1.50 and long one is 50mm 12x1.50. And I have 18x8 wheels with +45mm offset.

·
the auditd0rk
278 Posts
I think you'll be safe with the 35mm. I have a set of black close-end Muteki lugs and they're 34mm in length. They work just fine.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you'll be safe with the 35mm. I have a set of black close-end Muteki lugs and they're 34mm in length. They work just fine.
Thanks. Where did you order your Muteki lugs? That's a lot cheaper than Rays

Reactions: johnlaoang

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,636 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I think they were $35 shipped. They are black chrome steel not aluminium and come 20 in bag with the spline drive lug key. Pretty sure that summit buys them bulk and just drops 20 in a bag with a lug key. Good buy imo.

N

·
0 Posts
Project Kics! a little overkill never hurts

unless u don't want to spend 200+
lolz

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I decided not to buy lug nuts because when I bought Enkei PF01s from Les Schwab, they already used black tuner lugs so... I will post up some pictures with wheels on. Apparently, Les Schwab received the wheels from Enkei manufacture and all four of them were scratched up so.. Now they are ordering another new set of wheels. Good thing I noticed it right away when they put the wheels on. Anyone had this kind of problem?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts