2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI to all the people around who love the forums, simply stating use the search function and having a Mod close the thread is pretty stupid. I ask for Pics and info from people that are currently doing something. I don’t really care that much what some guy did to his car back in 2013. Let’s all be a little more considerate, it’s a very small community as it is and some of the poor attitudes around here really are not helping with that problem.

·
Admiral Obvious
1,811 Posts
you must be new here....

mods close threads because they are duplicates.... every week a new one pops up, asking the same thing... (the M3R facebook it's every day to a few hours)
you want updated info? bump it. makes searching easy for the rest of us.

Reactions: Ven

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
It isn't a poor attitude it's the fact that stuff even done 2 years ago is still relevant and will be the same today unless stated otherwise by asking a simple question in an old thread. No one wants to see the same thing posted every week or every day.

If you don't recognize the problem you are probably a part of it. Be thankful you have mods who care or this place would be crappy.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I love this forum and I love helping with info whenever I can. However, sometimes it does get a bit annoying seeing the same questions asked over and over. For example, questions about LED DRL/turn signals, HID installs, mud flaps or about gas mileage, stuff like that. Maybe I'm on here way too much lol

On any forums I visit, I usually do a search first before posting to avoid unnecessary clutter. If I indeed can't find info I'm looking for then I'll make a post and stuff. I think this is when mods come in and either close or merge the threads to the other countless ones out there. But yeah, it's not really a bad attitude per say, it's just that it doesn't really matter if the mod was done now or back in 2013. It's still on the car and you still get an idea of what they look like.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I've certainly asked my share of nooby and often inane/re-hashed questions which is an inevitable part of exploring new things, at least to my mind. We are all bound to do it. Usually, I have been directed to use the search engine, which is (I must say) quite good. I never take personal offense at this response.

When I encounter the posts of others in similar situations, I try to help if I can and direct folks to some relevant thread(s), if it doesn't take too much of my time. But I can't imagine that the mods--all of whom generously offer their services VOLUNTARILY--have the time to respond in this manner to every single query that might require it. So, please don't take their attempts to manage the site (and to keep it from becoming unwieldy and unproductive) too personally.

EDIT: Ok, I just checked the response to your OP (about mud flaps) from @louis110 , who responded in a friendly manner and provided various threads on the topic, anyone of which you are free to add to. Not sure I see any "attitude problem" or lack of consideration.

·
Achtung!
879 Posts
You act like that was a terrible decision, yet I thought offering you all of those other possible threads was going above and beyond as a mod.

Many would have locked it and suggested you search WITHOUT linking you to possible solutions.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess we all have opinions on what is or isnt right.
I am certainly not trying to reinvent the wheel, but if people want
opinons of Currnet or Avtive forum members they should be able to get it.

I am definately not new to forums.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
LOL to your rant and LMFAO to your last response. ^^^^

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
@Matt22 it seems like you have the attitude problem not any of the mods as you say. You can still get information from current members by posting in older threads. Is it that hard to understand...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts