2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LaraW said:
Rally Armor Skid Plate - Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3

Alright folks! I have had a few people email me and ask if I knew anything about Rally Armor possibly creating a Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 version of their rally skid plates. I also would love to get one to replace the flimsy stock piece, so I sent my friend Emm over at Rally Armor an email asking her. Obviously the pros to this would be to replace the POS stock shield that seems to always lose a screw, get torn up on a lowered car, or just fall off!

She told me that they currently do NOT have any plans to engineer a skid plate for our vehicles due to lack of interest, HOWEVER, she would be willing to do it should we get at least 20 interested parties who will purchase one.

Since I am not sure if I can get 20, I figured I would post up this Group Interest thread to see if it is even WORTH it to Rally Armor to try to engineer these for us.

As an example, here are the skid plates currently available for several Subaru models:

So if you are interested, please reply below with your name and vehicle information (year, model).

As a reminder... this is group buy will NOT happen unless we get at least 20 people. This is merely an interest thread to see if it it even worthwhile to engineer them.

Thanks!
They have over 60+ people in on this group buy, pending price. This is simply to gather interest and encourage Rally Armor to make this skid plate. The majority of people in this have the previous generation Mazda 3's and only a handful have the 2nd generation. So lets get more 2010's in there and hope that they make one for us too!

·
Insert Witty Title Here..
353 Posts
I just through my name on the list... One of the things I am getting a bit excited about, is getting to take this out on the tracks, and see what mischief I can get into, after I sturdy her up a bit, that is... :(

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i really need a rear sway bar for my car :/

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Has anyone confirmed that it will fit our 2010's.

·
Super Moderator
602 Posts
have Rally Armor on all my subys, I would love to get one for my 3 :yay:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Has anyone confirmed that it will fit our 2010's.

She told me that they currently do NOT have any plans to engineer a skid plate for our vehicles due to lack of interest, HOWEVER, she would be willing to do it should we get at least 20 interested parties who will purchase one.
They'll make it fit

·
Parts test dummy
823 Posts
I would be in pending price and whether or not we can get some mud flaps hahah

·
Registered
856 Posts
What's the benefit of this? Wouldn't this mod then force you to remove it to change the oil. The stock one has a nice hole there to get to the filter.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Is anyone actually planning on entering their car in a rally? This thing seems goofy for a street car.
Depends on how much snow you get,
Ive had the crappy plastic splash guards get ripped off 2 years ago, just because the car wasnt high enough to clear the snow pile in between the tire tracks.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What's the benefit of this? Wouldn't this mod then force you to remove it to change the oil. The stock one has a nice hole there to get to the filter.
my stock one has the hole too far back so this doesnt have as many screws to undo and its stronger than the P.O.S. stock one

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lets get more 2010's in on this!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Truthfully I'd like to order one, but my car needs to lose weight in the front, not gain.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
We just built a prototype skidplate for the 2010 MS3 (should fit Mazda 3's as well). As you can see in the pictures, it has a removable oil filter hole with a cutout to get to the drainplug as well. The pictures show it installed with an AutoExe bumper, but we have also fit it with the stock bumper to ensure it will fit both factory and aftermarket bumpers.

It is made from a one-piece sheet aluminum design (2 piece if you consider the oil filter hole cover). It bolts to factory mounting locations and would come with all the needed installation hardware. If this is something people would be interested in, we would be able to have it for sale within the month for a target price of $269. This price would include everything needed for installation as well as step by step installation instructions and telephone support.

We have already done the R&D, design, development and testing of this skidplate. If this is something you are interested in, please post, so we know people are interested.

Thanks,
Jake
CorkSport Product Development Engineer

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
I have a few questions. I'm lowered and I scrape the leading ege of my oem skidplate. Would I gain any ground clearance? I see that yours is bent upwards at the leading edge. How much does it weigh?

·
Peanutbutter Jelly!!!
361 Posts
I'm interested in that CS one but I wonder if it adds or reduces any noise and is it heavier or lighter than the stock plastic one

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
It does offer more ground clearance and will protect the oil pan much better than the stock tray if you do bottom out. We designed it on our car which has 1.3" drop springs on it. I will try and weigh both the stock undertray and the AL skidplate and post the results. It does not add or reduce any noticeable noise.

·
Registered
987 Posts
it's also good to help the air flow better under the car. what's on the car from the factory only does 1/2 the job...

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
It's pretty large. I wonder what the shipping would be? Maybe smaller pieces that fit (bolt) together would help.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts