2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
M3TH (Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback 2021) Polymetal Grey PP
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Snipping the Rally Armor . It is now 0.9 Inches shorter. Installation tomorrow morning. I tried to use dremel with cutter for plastic but it takes freaking a long time and it melts. Using these scissors was way faster.

NOTE:
If you want the best looks,,,,, don't trim your RA mudflaps. If you have the Polymetal Grey you might want to try the RA on RED color. If you try it and don't like it,,,,,, WE CAN SWAP the flaps, lol.

·
Registered
109 Posts
As someone who works with graphic design, that text so close to the edge makes me uncomfortable. If you wanted it shorter why didn't you just lengthen those holes? The fat washers they give would cover it anyways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
As someone who works with graphic design, that text so close to the edge makes me uncomfortable. If you wanted it shorter why didn't you just lengthen those holes? The fat washers they give would cover it anyways.
lol I felt the same when I saw it and I do graphic work on the side. I don’t mind the overall look being a bit shorter. I was looking at doing something similar, maybe make the holes longer and seeing if that works.
If I were OP I’d maybe look at flipping them around so the text was on the inside (less noticeable) . Unless he’s happy with it. That’s all that matters

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of buying giant mudflaps?
I don't need a Giant one,,,, just a Big one, lol. Just don't feel comfortable it being long and backing up on some snow pinching it with the wheels and ripping it off. More comfortable with the it's current height right now which is longer than those OEM mudguards.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol I felt the same when I saw it and I do graphic work on the side. I don’t mind the overall look being a bit shorter. I was looking at doing something similar, maybe make the holes longer and seeing if that works.
If I were OP I’d maybe look at flipping them around so the text was on the inside (less noticeable) . Unless he’s happy with it. That’s all that matters
Making the hole longers would be the better approach. But as I was working with the dremel last night and the hot melted ployurethane slung to my face,,, I said FAK IT,,,,,,, you getting the snip snip, lol. So I just decided to give it a little amputation.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Making the hole longers would be the better approach. But as I was working with the dremel last night and the hot melted ployurethane slung to my face,,, I said FAK IT,,,,,,, you getting the snip snip, lol. So I just decided to give it a little amputation.
Yeah that material is a pita to work with. I just relegated to using a drill to punch a hole through then just hide it with the washer lol. Also not sure if it happened to you but for me the e-brake makes the car sit tilted after being lifted then lowered. I couldn't figure out for the life in me why the flaps were misaligned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How much adjustment will it allow if I just extend the vertical slots ? Or do I have to drill more holes elsewhere also to allow for the height adjustment? I receive my set on Tuesday, I would like mine to sit a bit higher up for the same reason, lots of snow here. My old car they sat around 5” from the ground.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took out 0.9 inches in total.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah that material is a pita to work with. I just relegated to using a drill to punch a hole through then just hide it with the washer lol. Also not sure if it happened to you but for me the e-brake makes the car sit tilted after being lifted then lowered. I couldn't figure out for the life in me why the flaps were misaligned.
Do you happen to have picture of yours with the new holes and how much ground clearance you now have ?
Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Snipping the Rally Armor . It is now 0.9 Inches shorter. Installation tomorrow morning. I tried to use dremel with cutter for plastic but it takes freaking a long time and it melts. Using these scissors was way faster.

NOTE:
If you want the best looks,,,,, don't trim your RA mudflaps. If you have the Polymetal Grey you might want to try the RA on RED color. If you try it and don't like it,,,,,, WE CAN SWAP the flaps, lol.
when you installed these, did you have to drill holes into the car at all? i have a set of these but i could not figure out to how to install these without drilling any holes so now they sit in my garage doing nothing...

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
ah. thanks for sharing. i'm not comfortable drilling holes into my car.. i don't trust myself. i'm a complete noob in the car world. do you know of any generic places that would do such a thing if they had these instructions?
Drilling seems pretty simple. But if you don’t want to do it, you’d have to look into a garage that would. And for that I have no clue as I’m not in your area. You can try asking on your local Facebook groups (I know for my area there’s a Facebook car group) for a shop that can instal them.

good luck!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@mrpak425
You can have your local Mavis install it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you have a close relationship with your tire shop they might work with it. Received the Red Flaps today I will install it tomorrow. Brackets are already install so it will just be a simple bolt on.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Switched to RED flaps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I just trimmed out 0.5inches