2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to add rain sensing wipers to a NON tech car?

I have a 11 mazda 3, windshield was just replaced for a long crack, well, they brought the glass for the rain sensing wipers, Just wondering how hard it would be, there is a harness up near the dome lights under the headliner....

So, can it be done?

If not they are just coming back and replacing it again.

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
Sounds like more work than outcome satisfaction. But it's up to you I for one do more know but I'm sure it can be done haven't herd of anyone here doing it. I would be asking the members that have this option how they like it are there any annoyances etc. hope this points you in some kind of direction.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I have the rain sensing wipers and honestly, it is sometimes a pain. There are times that it will wipe when it is a nice and sunny day. Then there are times where it is raining and I am waiting for it to wipe, and nothing. I have to manually engage it so I can see the road again. It is a cool feature in theory but in practice there is much to be desired.

Oh, it is also a pain when I forget to disable it and I have my car go through a car wash. I just see my car from the waiting room with its wipers going crazy. Shocked that I haven't broke one of the motors yet.

Maybe other have a better experience with their rain sensing wipers.

·
cro-magnon man
510 Posts
I have the rain sensing wipers and honestly, it is sometimes a pain. There are times that it will wipe when it is a nice and sunny day. Then there are times where it is raining and I am waiting for it to wipe, and nothing. I have to manually engage it so I can see the road again. It is a cool feature in theory but in practice there is much to be desired.

Oh, it is also a pain when I forget to disable it and I have my car go through a car wash. I just see my car from the waiting room with its wipers going crazy. Shocked that I haven't broke one of the motors yet.

Maybe other have a better experience with their rain sensing wipers.
Figured as much and can't think of a better way of explaining it

·
Use the Search Button!
746 Posts

^This

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I was reading posts about it from a search, but nothing about adding after the fact or anything like that. I figured I would ask, they are gonna re-replace it, I just have to tell them when, i figured I would see if it was possible at all. It would probably be like adding OEM fogs and get quite expensive with parts from the dealer.

Anybody know if that harness up there is for the wipers? or is it for the fancy Rear view mirror?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It works wonders for me. Only thing is when it recently misted and it's sort of foggy on the windshield it keeps wiping when it shouldn't be.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, it seemed it would have been just way too much to do, not even knowing if they would work. Not worth it. My regular wipers work fine :D

2nd new windshield installed, now I cant wash my car for 2 days, its FILTHY!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts