2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that the sensitivity control (the plus + minus - dial) for rain sensing wipers seems to have little to no effect on the wiper rate. This has been especially true in misty conditions. What has your experience been with this feature?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yeah I didn't notice any difference with the plus and minus setting when wipers are set to auto. I feel it's too sensitive when misty and it'll wipe so many times. I generally just turn the auto wiper feature off.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Personally, I rather like my auto wipers. The sensitivity is not meant to control how fast the wipers move but how soon they will start moving.

I do find that the higher settings are pretty useless. Makes no difference really. I keep it set to the lowest or second lowest. For light rain the lowest isn't enough so I just turn it up a notch.

Where I find the wipers having problems is with a dirty windshield, heavy fog, and misting rain. Fog these things just start going silly sometimes.

If they start going for no reason, try using your washer fluid. Probably dirt over the sensor tricking it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts