2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and just created my account because I cant seem to figure out how to fix my 2006 Mazda 3 problem.
Basicly, like it says in the title, my Radio-Dome Light-Keyless Entry and trunk don't work. I have checked all the fuses, the ones under the hood and under the dash. They are all fine. The 31 fuse 15AMP under the hood is perfectly fine I even tested them. Today I purchased a used Radio from another Mazda 3 just like mine, same model and everything and it still doesn't work!! What are my options here, what can I do????? I am getting so frustrated with this.

Thanks!
Sean Simmonds

·
Potential Owner
47 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and just created my account because I cant seem to figure out how to fix my 2006 Mazda 3 problem.
Basicly, like it says in the title, my Radio-Dome Light-Keyless Entry and trunk don't work. I have checked all the fuses, the ones under the hood and under the dash. They are all fine. The 31 fuse 15AMP under the hood is perfectly fine I even tested them. Today I purchased a used Radio from another Mazda 3 just like mine, same model and everything and it still doesn't work!! What are my options here, what can I do????? I am getting so frustrated with this.

Thanks!
Sean Simmonds
i got the same problem have you resoldve it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey there. I had the exact same issue with a used car I purchased.

Original Post & diagnosis attempts you can take :

I was stupid enough to believe the seller when he said it's just a blown fuse ! door remotes, dome lights , electric mirrors, and OEM radio don't work , and trip meter resets after turning off.

1. I cleaned all the ground wires and connecting points in the engine bay and reconnected them
2. I checked all the fuse and all seem to be good
3. At the interior fuse box, the stereo related fuse produces 12v no issues
4. At the radio harness, the power only reads around 2.5 volts form the orange black wire
5. The same issue seems to be with the dome lights and only 2.5 volts is shown.

2nd Post after fixing the issue:

I am happy to say that today I finally found the root of the problem, and a friend who is very hands on with electronics fixed a temporary solution.

After checking all the engine bay grounds, and the interior grounds and cables, I did one final check on the fuses using the multimeter.

The room fuse in the engine bay fuse box gave a very interesting reading of 2.5 volts. Very interesting. So I started to take things apart and upon visual inspection found an exceptional amount of green hard rust underneath the actual fuse. Using WD40, the rust was cleaned. Furthermore, I found out that the metal connector inside the fuse bay (where the tiny fuse sits on top of) was completely dislodged from the pin hence rendering it useless. Using a short wire, we connected the fuse base to the metal plate and everything is running extra smooth after plugging in the fuse. Of course, this is temporary and I will most probably replace the metal base part, or alternatively run the fuse through one of the available empty slots later on.

Let me know if that clears things up !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts