2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are two channels I usually listen to. 99.7 and 104.5.
These are both saved as favouritres.

From time to time whether I am listening in 99.7 or some other channel the radio will just randomly decide to switch across to 104.5

If any has any ideas on what could be causing this / how to fix it, please let me know.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The other day, I was driving home in silence (rare) and the FM radio just randomly came on. I didn't have my hand on any audio or channel buttons. I was really tripped out for a minute.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The FM radios have a Radio Data System (RDS) which depending on your country and the stations can provide automatic reception of Traffic Announcements. This will change channel or even switch from another audio source when an announcement is detected. Check your radio settings to see if Traffic Announcements are enabled.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The FM radios have a Radio Data System (RDS) which depending on your country and the stations can provide automatic reception of Traffic Announcements. This will change channel or even switch from another audio source when an announcement is detected. Check your radio settings to see if Traffic Announcements are enabled.
Maybe it is caused by the "AF" function for FM stations, which is part of the RDS system.
From the manual:

Radio Data System (RDS) - Alternative frequency (AF)
AF functions on FM stations. If the radio reception of the current station weakens, the system switches to an alternative station automatically. If you wish to continue a regional programme, turn on the Region lock (REG) mode.
Select the
icon while in FM mode to switch to the FM settings screen. AF/REG on or off switching can be performed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts