2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I bought my (almost) new white Mazda 3 Challenge 2016 last week. And it's awesome!
I have newest firmware there - installed by vendor

1.) I would like to ask, if it is possible to merge 2 inputs.

I'll explain:
I'm listening to the radio to some stations/music and I'm using a navigation on my phone.
Is it possible that while listening to radio, I will receive road commands from phone via Bluetooth? I know I have to manually switch the input to BT, but then I will not heart radio.

2.) Don't know if someone is using Lukasz Skalski's Smart MZD player ...
Is it possible to quickly change between the video input from phone to the Mazda unit without disconnecting the cable?

or is there a better alternative for mentioned "issues"?
How do you guys solve those things, hear to music while using NAV?

Thank you all!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Using the original navigation you can hear the radio or another source and voice instructions from the navigation.

For Smarte Mazda player it is not possible to switch between S.M.P. and Mazda Unit withaout disconnecting the phone

·
Registered
62 Posts
It works in my car stock depending on the navigation software I use on my phone. For example, with Waze on the iPhone, there is an advanced option that you can set called "Play as Bluetooth phone call"

This will tell the phone to take over the radio as if it where a incoming call, it will provided the navigation prompt and then hang up. It is a little jarring but it does work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, google a bit, and found this:

"This option only exists on the iOS version. On Android, the only option is "play through the phone speaker", and it works the other way round, it plays all sounds via the phone speaker even when connected to a bluetooth audio system."

Anyone got it to work on Android?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts