2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, please don't respond with how much or little bass the factory radio and speakers have. My issue is that the mids and low end of sound started cutting out and then completely disappeared from audio. The stereo sounds like its playing through headphones. All speakers are working, but there's only highs. After seeing this was an issue with the stock radio, I replaced it with a Pioneer, but I have the same problem still. All highs, no mids or low end at all. All the speakers sound like tweeters. This is a 2007 model with the standard radio, not Bose with amp. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
You still have an amp...just not a Bose amp...which is actually a good thing. Take it to an audio shop and get the amp replaced with an aftermarket one or take it to the dealer and have them replace it with an OEM one... Either way, the amp is going bad or the wires feeding in/out are going bad. You need to get it checked out.
CK

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's for the Bose radio system. The standard radio doesn't have a separate amp. The voice coils in my speakers were seized up from rust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts