2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gauge install woes continue...

After the heater hose adapter didn't work out, I purchased the sender adapter from Prosport, 32mm diameter. I did some research before and found that the radiator inlets were 33mm, so no problem right? Well I've been doing more research, and have been finding that the inner diameter of the radiator hoses are 1 3/16, or just over 30mm. Can anyone confirm this? Would this mean my 32 mm adapter will not fit (hoses can't be stretched 2mm?)?

Ugh...I just want these to freaking work!!

·
Original Member
262 Posts
edit: I think it would work, but can't be sure it wouldn't stress/weaken the hose over extended period of time

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm...anyone else got any ideas? I'm REALLY hesitant to cut into the hose, seeing as I know I'm gonna lose a lot/all of my coolant (why can't the upper radiator hose be on the upper part of the radiator???) and because its my only mode of transport, if I slice into my hoses, I'm f-ed in the a...

·
Original Member
262 Posts
I mean, I see hoses of different types stretched (a little) over aftermarket fittings on many modified cars. Will it work? Yes. Will it be as reliable as a perfect fitting hose/fitting? Who knows.

Any auto parts store can usually confirm ID and OD of hoses that they sell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts