2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I'm pretty new to this scene and I'm loving my '13 3 hatchback but it started to overheat on me on my way back from work the other day in some stop and go traffic. Luckily I was able to pull over before it actually overheated and let it cool off. Here are some of the problems I'm seeing.

1. Radiator fan not spinning. I'm not sure if this should be constantly running if the car is on but even after some 20 minutes of driving, it's still not running.

2. I lose A/C if I'm idle. Now with this, my red temp gauge is NOT flashing or on. So Can I assume that it isn't ONLY warm air? I've also seen my blue temp light come on but I'm positive that doesn't stay on just to let me know there is cool air ready. Right?

Had a buddy of mine look it over and told me it might be the fan clutch/regulator/not sure exactly what it was, or a sensor not working. I also checked my fuses to be sure they were fine and nothing wrong there!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had the exact problem with my 13 for a long time , you should run diagnostics test , but I never did I just had to dealt with the problem untill one day the fan started spinning on its own and A/C was back to normal . (Wasnt spinning for 3 -5 months )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone, so I'm pretty new to this scene and I'm loving my '13 3 hatchback but it started to overheat on me on my way back from work the other day in some stop and go traffic. Luckily I was able to pull over before it actually overheated and let it cool off. Here are some of the problems I'm seeing.

1. Radiator fan not spinning. I'm not sure if this should be constantly running if the car is on but even after some 20 minutes of driving, it's still not running.

2. I lose A/C if I'm idle. Now with this, my red temp gauge is NOT flashing or on. So Can I assume that it isn't ONLY warm air? I've also seen my blue temp light come on but I'm positive that doesn't stay on just to let me know there is cool air ready. Right?

Had a buddy of mine look it over and told me it might be the fan clutch/regulator/not sure exactly what it was, or a sensor not working. I also checked my fuses to be sure they were fine and nothing wrong there!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am having the same issue, did you ever figure out what the problem was???
A little background and additional issues:
2016 Mazda 3 Hatchback (Manual) Salvage title
I installed a brand new radiator
AC recharged at a shop
I feel like i lose power when driving.
The AC doesnt work great and sometimes just blows warm air.

ANY HELP WOULD BE SUPER APPRECIATED

1 - 3 of 3 Posts