2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering has anyone installed any Racing seats or different seats with more bolstering? I rode in my friends Focus ST and the stock Recaro seats were pretty nice. I know Planted makes brackets for our cars, and read on a Japanese persons blog about their time installing a leather Recaro into their car. Seems like you have to futz with the airbag stuff though so I’m unsure if a more bolstered seat is worth it. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
And give up my nice seat that also warms my rear? No way... :p
CK

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
I was wondering has anyone installed any Racing seats or different seats with more bolstering? I rode in my friends Focus ST and the stock Recaro seats were pretty nice. I know Planted makes brackets for our cars, and read on a Japanese persons blog about their time installing a leather Recaro into their car. Seems like you have to futz with the airbag stuff though so I’m unsure if a more bolstered seat is worth it. Thanks!
What you need is called a CG-Lock, no better bolsters needed. Ive had the same CG-Lock for the past 3 cars? 4 cars? Ive had it quite awhile now and never had any issues with it, clamps me down very well and Im a very big fella. I never go super duper tight unless Im running an autocross event, just medium tight and it holds me just fine. Amazon link below.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/CG-Lock-CG001-Seatbelt-Stabilizer/dp/B004NY1DHS[/ame]

More info here too

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/cg-lock-seat-belt-lock-out.html#.WiYNVzOp7qA

·
Registered
151 Posts
What you need is called a CG-Lock, no better bolsters needed. Ive had the same CG-Lock for the past 3 cars? 4 cars? Ive had it quite awhile now and never had any issues with it, clamps me down very well and Im a very big fella. I never go super duper tight unless Im running an autocross event, just medium tight and it holds me just fine. Amazon link below.

https://www.amazon.com/CG-Lock-CG001-Seatbelt-Stabilizer/dp/B004NY1DHS

More info here too

CG-Lock Seat Belt Lock Out for Performance Driving : FT-86 Speedfactory - Your exclusive source for FR-S, BRZ, and GT-86 parts!
What type of seat does your 3 have? I have the sGT model with the red stitched seats and was wondering if this would be a good improvement for holding me in my seat better when doing canyon runs or if wouldn't be too noticeable?

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
What type of seat does your 3 have? I have the sGT model with the red stitched seats and was wondering if this would be a good improvement for holding me in my seat better when doing canyon runs or if wouldn't be too noticeable?
Trust me this CG-Lock is all you need, another seat is way more money than its worth.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda 3 GT
2,498 Posts
FYI.. if you want a CG Lock you better hurry and grab one as the manufacturer has stopped making and selling them. They even took down the Amazon listings.

They are now making a new product that is designed to help back posture...

I found a new one for sale on e-bay and it looks like ft86speedfactory.com still has some.
CK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts