2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed today,Just the right amount of Firmness.And I feel they have a much better symmetry than the stocks.I have the existing dampers I would have added Koni STR.T.But sadly not available yet. Total Cost $ 480.oo. I only have 29 K on OD.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,567 Posts
Just installed today,Just the right amount of Firmness.And I feel they have a much better symmetry than the stocks.I have the existing dampers I would have added Koni STR.T.But sadly not available yet. Total Cost $ 480.oo. I only have 29 K on OD.
Get the Koni FSDs instead. You will like them a lot more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The folks at the counter at Racing Beat,I went there in person.are fans of do one thing good I woulda bought some if they had em I didnt want sport yellows.FSDs claim to do two things well so I am on the fence,plus the price and availability.Otherwise they are pro Koni.Koni says STR.T are in the works for us.I like what the springs did for my stocks for now.and I like how the car looks. So I have time to decide and a good installer.

·
Super Moderator
5,567 Posts
The folks at the counter at Racing Beat,I went there in person.are fans of do one thing good I woulda bought some if they had em I didnt want sport yellows.FSDs claim to do two things well so I am on the fence,plus the price and availability.Otherwise they are pro Koni.Koni says STR.T are in the works for us.I like what the springs did for my stocks for now.and I like how the car looks. So I have time to decide and a good installer.
The FSD ride extremely well, better than stock and the handling is just as good.
You probably should have waited until you had the shocks and the springs to do this. Now you are going to take most of the same things apart a second time. It is usually better (and a lot cheaper if you're paying somebody) to do the suspension all at once. If you intend on a swaybar upgrade, do it when you do the shocks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my installer do the Corksport Swaybar a while back.Yes for the Front I will have to pay again when I decide what to do.I will defininitely wait for more choices.Roads are really good out here so I hope Tokiko or others offer good and not overcomplex upgrades.I am not sure about the inner workings of the FSDs or I would have gottem them, sometimes less is more. I am happy with handling.May upgrade brakes too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
And sometimes more is more. Racing Beat springs + Koni FSD's = Perfection!

I've been running this combo for over a year now & still love it! Mildly lower, better handling & a better ride over stock.

In this case, more is DEFINITELY more.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So the only strut available for The racing Beat setup is FSD ?They are way out of my Budget.A shame

·
Super Moderator
5,567 Posts
Not the only one but probably one of the best.
They are not much more expensive than any other Koni setup.:dunno:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hi @Smovi - did you ever get new dampers? I will be installing the RB springs soon (in transit) but have no plans to change out the shocks, mainly wanted the springs for slightly lower look. Curious what you think of the ride with just the springs after a few months....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far all good,I don't regret install and I am waiting and hoping for more, and maybe better choices for dampers .

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got a 201*7* gt hatchback, and emailed Racing Beat last week to ask them why don't they update their website ad on their springs, as they presently say for '2014-2016'. So I asked them why not update so it would say '2014-2017'. I told them I was interested in purchasing their springs and rear sway bar within the next few days.

Mike Liao responded last Friday that they were not sure and was trying to 'confirm fitment'. He further quoted, "from what i can gather it is the same but I would like to be absolutely sure before we sell the springs". After seeing this and with the 2017 model year coming to a close, I find it hard that no one buyer inquired it if was a no problem fit for the '17s...

Having not heard from him yesterday, I emailed him early this afternoon for an update as to the status, and Mike replied, "not yet. We couldn't confirm by looking at the part numbers Mazda listed and the only way we can verify fitment now is by test fitting on a vehicle".

So I'm still waiting for confirmation before I will put in the order.

·
Super Moderator
5,567 Posts
Doesn't matter what brand of spring it is, Racing Beat, H&R, CorkSport, etc. The 2017 is still a 3rd generation car, same suspension as earlier years, same spring design.
For instance, the Eibach Pro Kit spring set is listed as being for 2014 to 2017.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i know. i feel the same that there should be NO problem installing onto a 2017, but when their website (as of this moment) still say '14-'16, it just leaves a taste of the unknown as to why they hadn't changed it to say '14'-17.

Man, we are coming into the 2018 model year, and Racing Beat is so not up to date on their website... kinda irritates me, and now it made me look more at buying the corksport rear sway bar ONLY, never mind their springs... just keep it stock and buy the corksport rear sway bar and put it on the stiffest setting.

With their thrown in for free brackets and less expensive UPS Ground shipping, it is just $11 more to Hawaii than Racing Beat's bar.

·
Super Moderator
5,567 Posts
i know. i feel the same that there should be NO problem installing onto a 2017, but when their website (as of this moment) still say '14-'16, it just leaves a taste of the unknown as to why they hadn't changed it to say '14'-17.
Well, you know what they say. If its on the internet it must be true.:laughing001:
Don't worry about it. If you want the springs, just order them. They will fit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got a 201*7* gt hatchback, and emailed Racing Beat last week to ask them why don't they update their website ad on their springs, as they presently say for '2014-2016'. So I asked them why not update so it would say '2014-2017'. I told them I was interested in purchasing their springs and rear sway bar within the next few days.

Mike Liao responded last Friday that they were not sure and was trying to 'confirm fitment'. He further quoted, "from what i can gather it is the same but I would like to be absolutely sure before we sell the springs". After seeing this and with the 2017 model year coming to a close, I find it hard that no one buyer inquired it if was a no problem fit for the '17s...

Having not heard from him yesterday, I emailed him early this afternoon for an update as to the status, and Mike replied, "not yet. We couldn't confirm by looking at the part numbers Mazda listed and the only way we can verify fitment now is by test fitting on a vehicle".

So I'm still waiting for confirmation before I will put in the order.
got a reply today (Monday) from Mike, who said in his email that as they could not get a car to try out the fitment, he conferred with an associate at Eibach, and confirmed that the springs are the same (for the 2017s).

Does this mean their springs were made by Eibach and privately relabeled as Racing Beat? Most likely I feel...

·
Super Moderator
5,567 Posts
got a reply today (Monday) from Mike, who said in his email that as they could not get a car to try out the fitment, he conferred with an associate at Eibach, and confirmed that the springs are the same (for the 2017s).

Does this mean their springs were made by Eibach and privately relabeled as Racing Beat? Most likely I feel...
No, he just called somebody else who makes springs for the 2017 to find out if the earlier model springs would fit.
I suppose that Eibach could be making springs for RB but have never seen anything to confirm this.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw the RB Springs being made at the Anaheim Fabrication facility separate bldg from the Counter sales.Coil spring benders from Billet rod. Nice factory.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just installed my RB spring set and Bilstein B6 dampers yesterday. With this combo I hardly even notice any drop if any. Did and how long was it before the springs settled? (added any additional drop)?

Gotta say with the B6 and RB the car feels very different, dont know if it is a placebo effect or actual performance improvement yet.... gotta put on more miles after I get my alignment done.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts