2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Racing Beat Exhaust!

110K views 216 replies 90 participants last post by  amati5 
#1 ·
Good news you guys. The racing beat exhaust for the 5 door is on its way and should arrive mid-March. This is according to and email response I got from Racing Beat. No word if its a true cat-back or an axle back unit

#8 ·

I hope this works. Its the cx5 2.5L with the exhaust.
On a side note I was under the car and it will most definitely be an axle back unit. While down there I applied Mothers Metal Polish to the tips and I love the results. Totally something I recommend for any one that wants a little more shine in the rear! :tongue:

#21 ·
Nice! Do u know an estimated time for the sedan version of this

#31 ·
Just springs?! I hope you're not serious about pairing lowering springs and the Mazda struts.

I want PROPER Street Coilovers with adjustable top hats for easy camber adjustment in the front. This way the ride height is fully adjustable to meet your needs.

I will be the first in line to purchase said Coilovers for my 2014 Mazda 3, 2.0L. ;)

:signs064: Lol

#37 ·
Just springs?! I hope you're not serious about pairing lowering springs and the Mazda struts.

I want PROPER Street Coilovers with adjustable top hats for easy camber adjustment in the front. This way the ride height is fully adjustable to meet your needs.

I will be the first in line to purchase said Coilovers for my 2014 Mazda 3, 2.0L. ;)
Not to diverge from the original topic of this thread, but if you pair a compliant lowering spring with a mild height reduction and a spring rate that isn't too excessive, you can get a lot of life out of the stock struts. We'd all like to get the best available suspension out there, but money talks, and my 3 isn't a sports/racecar. That's what the GTR is for ;)

Anyway, the axle back looks and sounds great Spencer.

#34 ·
I don't see it as a big issue. Most muffler shops will chop the CAT right off and weld in a straight pipe without even thinking twice. I did so on my wife's Scion tC because it was cheaper then buying a straight pipe (I achieved the same result for 1/3rd the price.)

Unless we're adding boost to our SkyActiv engines, a bigger exhaust isn't technically needed.

Until said performance parts come out, I'll personally be more then satisfied with the visual and sound upgrade with an axle-back.

Our car needs a nice supercharger or mild turbo to get any decent power out of it. I highly doubt there's much to gain while staying N/A.

I'd be satisfied with about 230hp and more TORQUE for daily enjoyment with my grocery getter. :yes:

#43 ·
I know I'm probably a lone voice here, and I understand that many of you just like "loud", but to me these types of exhausts make no sense. If you take a look at the fastest cars on the road, Ferrari's, Corvettes, Porsches, even the Veyron, they don't make these sounds. I get it. You can't afford the supercars so you think it is cool to go the street racer route so you can fool people into thinking you really have a fast car. But if you really wanted to be cool, you'd go for a low throaty, not too loud, tone just like the supercars. Personally, I think these exhaust systems cheapen the car just like plastidip.

I am certainly not against changing the way a car looks based on personal vanity and will make some minor changes to make mine look better in my eyes. However, when I see one of those pocket rockets on the road with a large exhaust tip, I immediately say "loser kid". I probably shouldn't admit that, but to take a car as nice as our new Mazda 3 and cheapen it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Yeah, you're going to tell me I'm an old f__t -- and you'd be right. But as someone who has owned top level Porsches and BMW's, it just doesn't make any sense. Why do you want your Mazda to sound like a Honda Civic rather than a Porsche?

I really do understand you guys think it is cool just like green wheels and sitting low like an old person so you can't see the road. Really?

Now if Corksport or others could introduce an exhaust system that was more like a Porsche or Ferrari, in all of my vanity, I might go for it.

#46 ·
My parents think the same way. I do see a lot of teenagers with old civics and they just throw on some crappy exhaust that's loud and sounds like bees in a tin can. Not a lot of people can afford high end cars (especially for a first car) so they make due with what they got and have some fun with it and pretend they're in the F&F movies. So yeah I think "loser kid" too when I see them now. I used to be in their shoes but I guess as we get older our taste in mods mature more :D

And I don't think everybody is trying to be a super car, some people just prefer a nice deep exhaust note compared to the quiet stock.

The corksport exhaust in the video does sound very nice, it has a low deep throaty tone. If done right I don't really think it cheapens the car (except for plastidip, that cheapens the car no matter what brand lol) and I think the corksport one looks really nice on the new mazda3. Would I get it? No, it's still too loud for my taste. I don't like loud exhaust sound but I do like having a deep throaty sound without being loud and I would get it if it was not that loud. Would I have gotten it 12-13 years younger? Heck yeah!

Heck, I don't even like how an intake sounds now :D I actually like how the car sounds stock (with JBR drop in filter) but a little louder in the exhaust area wouldn't hurt :D

#55 ·
We've all had personal experiences that shape our views of cars. Most of mine were with BMW's and Porsche's. That is my reference point. Of course, I've owned a lot of other cars over the years including Renault, Mercedes, Triumph, Honda, Chevy, Ford, Buick, Olds, Chrysler, and a couple of others. Of all of those cars, the BMW and Porsche were the only real driver's cars -- so I reference them. What brought me to the new 2014 Mazda 3 is the same thing. I wanted to downsize and found the Mazda 3 to be the only real driver's car in the category. My apologies if the Porsche reference bothers you.... hmmmmm... not really....

#49 ·
We work hard to make our exhausts something that sounds deep, growly and powerful. Not the tin can vibration sound of many companies.

Honestly it just comes down to if you like it or not. Who cares what others change about their cars, if you don't like it don't do it.

As for the NVH and the Automatic Transmission..... I had no idea, but just had it explained by our engineer.

The automatic transmissions work really hard to keep the RPM's at certain levels.... which just happen to be the key spot for extra sound from the exhaust. This will increase the frequency and vibrations in the exhaust, thus more noise.

#57 ·
I think it's pretty obvious that you guys are achieving what you set out to do as far as getting a deeper sound. I mean, heck, I admitted I've never even thought twice about this kind of thing because I'm all about mods that give a stock feeling, but this exhaust I'd actually consider, in part because it defied my initial assumptions about what such things sound like.

#59 ·
Any definitive release date on the Racing Beat system yet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.