2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm looking at getting this from Racing Beat: Exhaust System - 5 Door for 2014-18 Mazda3 Skyactiv 2.0/2.5 - Racing Beat
I know there's been some discussion around their exhausts, and I'd love if anyone who runs this one could weigh in as far as the sound. Being a big kid like the rest of you I really want a good smile-on-my-face sound under accel and such, but I do want something that won't get called out as ricey or obnoxious. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2012 Mazda 3 GX MT5 non sky
740 Posts
Corksport exhausts ?

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,282 Posts
Having owned/installed a Racing Beat exhaust... It suppose to be one of the quieter ones on the aftermarket, but it does roar at Full Throttle. The muffler got too much attention from the bored cops in the city.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having owned/installed a Racing Beat exhaust... It suppose to be one of the quieter ones on the aftermarket, but it does roar at Full Throttle. The muffler got too much attention from the bored cops in the city.
Haha, So the other options are that much louder such that even this "quiet" one got too much attention??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

First, noice looking rear ya got there :)
I gave a listen to various clips from the racing beat exhaust and the ultimate racing and I think the racing beat is closer to the subtle, low tones I'm after.

·
Registered
740 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
$800+ shipping 😳
might as well go the custom route for that price
I agree ... if you have a guy who custom or you can DIY custom then you can really play around.
Some just want brand (Borla) or just its has to have a certain sound and some a certain decibel.
If you check the Blitz again the decibel is slightly more than OEM.
Alot of choices out there...

·
Registered
740 Posts

Reactions: Tacoma3
1 - 11 of 11 Posts