2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has Racing Beat springs on their 3rd Gen 3? Have you had any issues, what is the ride quality like?
The .75" drop is the max I'm looking for and just looking for somebody's input.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has Racing Beat springs on their 3rd Gen 3? Have you had any issues, what is the ride quality like?
Look here...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Another Racing Beat springs thread...

My impressions of them (with pictures) are in that thread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I do and its perfect. Not too low, not too harsh. Looks good as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I do and its perfect. Not too low, not too harsh. Looks good as well.
This is my general sentiment as well. I can't go too low due to a number of steep driveways I encounter. Ride on the interstate is great, just a bit firmer. Really only noticeable on rougher sections.

Performance seems stellar. Once I replace my mediocre all season tires, I feel like the suspension upgrades will really shine.

My only minor complaint is I feel like there is still a decent amount of nosedive under heavy breaking.

This is on my 16' hatch, with RB springs, Koni Reds, Progress sway bar (stiff setting), Megan strut bar and Megan front chassis brace.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is on my 16' hatch, with RB springs, Koni Reds, Progress sway bar (stiff setting), Megan strut bar and Megan front chassis brace.
this is literally my wishlist for my car. i have the progress RSB, how is the combo with koni reds and RB springs? a match made in heaven or would your recommend something else over the other and why.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Visually, I wish it looked more like the Eibachs. I just wasn't sure if it would be too low for some of the driveways I encounter.

For a daily driver (~90 miles a day), it's comfortable (enough), with sharp and responsive handling. Even with all-seasons, it feels great. With better tires, I'm sure it would really come alive. Despite the all seasons, I can push the car pretty hard, harder than I'm willing to do on public roads.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
My Koni special active reds and racing beat springs are perfect together. My progress sway bar is on stiff as well. I run on michelin pilot all seasons with lighter konigs. I love my setup. Handling is crisp and not harsh at all. Cornering is a joy.
IMG_20200416_180608.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts