2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So as of about 2 weeks ago my racelands have begin to clunk in the front at low speeds. I've read through the raceland thread and am finally gonna throw my car up and see what I can figure out. For anyone thats had the same problem, do you have any advice? Please no use search bar comments or rants on racelands. Ive done my research im just making sure I'm not missing anything. Thanks!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
LULZ. What do you expect from $400 coilovers.

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
300 to fix? what was the problem? i heard people removed the bumpstop or something.
and wasnt warlords one of the first sets to come out for the car? they havent fixed their issues since then? he got em like a year or two ago right?

and it seems they are just for the look of slammed. damn. may have to get my springs then save up for the STR.T koni struts.

some have said good and bad things about them. seems the more i hear about them the worse the reviews get (no in severity but they arent good)

is it bad i wanna buy them and when im through with them sell them to some mazda3 noob

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
300 to fix? what was the problem? i heard people removed the bumpstop or something.
and wasnt warlords one of the first sets to come out for the car? they havent fixed their issues since then? he got em like a year or two ago right?

and it seems they are just for the look of slammed. damn. may have to get my springs then save up for the STR.T koni struts.

some have said good and bad things about them. seems the more i hear about them the worse the reviews get (no in severity but they arent good)

is it bad i wanna buy them and when im through with them sell them to some mazda3 noob
Buy springs, if you don't like ride then upgrade shocks/struts later... easiest and cheapest way to do things if worried about money.

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
yeaaaaaaaaaa but i really hate doing that to the stock shocks cuz they arent made for lowered stance. im looking at H&R springs but i dont wanna do it without the shock...and racelands were a cheap way out for a temporary / long term drop but sounds like long term suuuucks

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
yeaaaaaaaaaa but i really hate doing that to the stock shocks cuz they arent made for lowered stance. im looking at H&R springs but i dont wanna do it without the shock...and racelands were a cheap way out for a temporary / long term drop but sounds like long term suuuucks
i gots H&Rs, the shocks r fine lol

·
Thundercougarfalconbird
2,450 Posts
oh im sure. just not a fan of it. but i suppose i had high mileage cars in the past i tried to do it to. so high mileage shocks no good.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Seems like years ago but I had the Raceland in June of this year lol. The clunking problem is piston seal related. McPherson strut pistons receive a lot of side loading. The Raceland seals aren't up to the task of resisting the side loads so they wobble during they're up and down travel creating a clunk. Cheap coilovers = cheap soft seals = clunking. They can't be fixed because the struts can't be disassembled. They're welded closed. Raceland probably doesn't want anyone to see the shit quality components that they put inside.

They have a warranty so he should return them for a refund, take the hit on shipping and move to a decent quality coilover setup.

$1000 is the price of admission for good entry level coilovers not $400.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Seems like years ago but I had the Raceland in June of this year lol. The clunking problem is piston seal related. McPherson strut pistons receive a lot of side loading. The Raceland seals aren't up to the task of resisting the side loads so they wobble during they're up and down travel creating a clunk. Cheap coilovers = cheap soft seals = clunking. They can't be fixed because the struts can't be disassembled. They're welded closed. Raceland probably doesn't want anyone to see the shit quality components that they put inside.

They have a warranty so he should return them for a refund, take the hit on shipping and move to a decent quality coilover setup.

$1000 is the price of admission for good entry level coilovers not $400.
Always showing off, huh?

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
You just wasted $300 bucks...that could gone towards some "Quality" Coilovers...Oh well!
could have* lol jk....

But, oh well. You pay for what you get. You pay cheap, usually get crap. You pay moderately, usually get moderate. You pay expensive, usually get expensive. Lol, that was too obvious.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.