2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've brought my car to dealer, contacted corperate, everything. Dealer claims problems are either "normal" or that they can't fix them due to risk that something else will get damaged. Corperate isn't doing anything. If anyone has TSBs for any of these issues or anything, please share them :)

1.Hard shifting at highway speeds

2. Rust forms on brakes within 20 minutes of being parked.

3. Sunroof leaks in carwashes.

4. Drivers door window rattles.

5. Bad wiper blades.

6. Loose gauge cluster.

7. Car squeaky when exiting after parking.

8. Misaligned hood.

9. Front bumper chipped to shit FOR NO REASON with only 3k miles. Tons of little microchips and it gets worse by the day.

10. Headlights dim/flicker when braking.

11. A/C blows on feet in the face position.

12. Front doors creaky when closing or when driving with windows down.

13. BOTH front exterior mirrors rattle with music, when closing doors or when driving at highway speeds.

14. Battery was tested four times at two different autozone locations, both say battery is bad with 100% charge. Mazda claims otherwise.

15. Rattle in rear of car when driving on bumpy roads.

16. Vibration between 45-55MPH. Feels like engine is struggling.

17. Car hesitates to start at times.

Keep in mind guys, my car is TWO months old. Bought on 1/5/2013. I have 3,800 miles on it. I think it's ludicrous that this car has more issues than both of my 6's (2003 & 2006) I had prior to the 3. As I said, dealership WILL NOT FIX ANYTHING. Corperate won't be ANYTHING. The only thing that they have fixed was my driver's door handle that was inoperable. I don't know what to do. I'm tired of dealing with everything.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Lemon law?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Contacted an attorney already. Law states that I have to have the same issue fixed at least four times. Or my car has to spend a minimum of 45 days at the dealer.

See what I have to deal with? Bullshit.

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Sorry to burst your bubble. Some of those aren't problems that are ever going to be fixed. Some of them are like the ac and the bigger mechanical ones. But the mirrors rattle. Cmon. Mazda is not know for making nice quiet cars. They are noise and have rattles on occasions. The brakes rust fast on our 3's as well. Both gauge clusters rattle and seem a little loose but aren't falling off. Bad wiper blades Cmon then get new ones. I'm not trying to be an ass I just feel like some of this stuff has been nit picked a little more than it should be. I have some complaint about my speed as well.
Have you tried a different dealer?

·
stupid teacha bitch!
2,193 Posts
Reactions: Toon

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry to burst your bubble. Some of those aren't problems that are ever going to be fixed. Some of them are like the ac and the bigger mechanical ones. But the mirrors rattle. Cmon. Mazda is not know for making nice quiet cars. They are noise and have rattles on occasions. The brakes rust fast on our 3's as well. Both gauge clusters rattle and seem a little loose but aren't falling off. Bad wiper blades Cmon then get new ones. I'm not trying to be an ass I just feel like some of this stuff has been nit picked a little more than it should be. I have some complaint about my speed as well.
Maybe I am being nit-picky, but should I not? Why would windshield wipers be bad on a two month old car? The rattles drive me insane. I've owned two mazdas before this one and they didn't rattle AT ALL despite their age. I just feel extremely let down by mazda as a whole. I don't believe ANYTHING on a new car should rattle. Period. That's why you buy a new car in the first place. But whatever, guess ill just have to deal with this piece of crap until I can afford to get something else since nothing is being done.

Not trying to be a dick either, I'm just fed up. My car doesn't feel new and I'm not excited about it anymore. :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is this a joke?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
No.

this....... this.... all these in a brand new car?
Yep, exactly my point. :(

And closest other dealer is an hour away from me. But I'm planning on going this weekend. Maybe they'll shed some light for me lol

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
All Mazda rattle. I have to smack my dash nightly on the way home. Oh well I still love the car. And I don't go to a dealer to buy a new car because I want new wiper blades. Lol. I get your point that you want it perfect cause its new. Well there ain't nothing perfect.

·
DIY PRO
1,036 Posts
1.Hard shifting at highway speedsdidn't say auto or manual

2. Rust forms on brakes within 20 minutes of being parked. normal

3. Sunroof leaks in carwashes. this should be fixed

4. Drivers door window rattles. open or closed?

5. Bad wiper blades. get real, clean them or buy new ones

6. Loose gauge cluster. what exactly is loose

7. Car squeaky when exiting after parking. normal during the cold weather

8. Misaligned hood. this should have been caught on walk around. You accepted del of the car like this. Dealer should try and fix it

9. Front bumper chipped to shit FOR NO REASON with only 3k miles. Tons of little microchips and it gets worse by the day. paint on all new ares are crap, get a 3m clear paint protector for the bumper and hood

10. Headlights dim/flicker when braking. normal electrical

11. A/C blows on feet in the face position. going to have some leaking from the deflector

12. Front doors creaky when closing or when driving with windows down. grease the hinge

13. BOTH front exterior mirrors rattle with music, when closing doors or when driving at highway speeds. tighten the bolts, should take you a few seconds to do so. If you are talking about the actual mirro and not the housing this is normal for any mirror sensing vibration

14. Battery was tested four times at two different autozone locations, both say battery is bad with 100% charge. Mazda claims otherwise. if the battery is bad then you need to have it towed to another dealer. How did you find out it was bad?

15. Rattle in rear of car when driving on bumpy roads. I have this as well, nothing some sound deading didn't resolve

16. Vibration between 45-55MPH. Feels like engine is struggling. it is trying to hold the higher gear for better mpg. Adjust your driving habits

17. Car hesitates to start at times. most likely part of your battery issue
You catch more flies with honey.
Sounds like you are a customer that will drive any dealer nuts with nit picking. Take it to another dealer and calmly explain the issues.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like you are a customer that will drive any dealer nuts with nit picking. Take it to another dealer and calmly explain the issues.
I don't nit pick at the dealer. I drive in, tell him the major issues then give him a list of the minor things to look at.

1. Auto
2. Since when? I know after cars sit for days it happens. But minutes? None of our other cars do it as bad.
4. Both. Mainly open.
5. Shouldn't have to buy new ones.
6. The entire gauge cluster.
7. It ain't cold in Louisiana :)
8. It was POURING raining when I took delivery.
10. The amount of dimming/flickering is not normal. I can assure you. They DIM, not just slightly.
11. That's understandable, but I shouldn't feel more air coming to my feet than my face on the face setting.
12. It's not the hinge. It's the door itself, like under the window. That entire area.
13. Where's the bolt?
14. When I noticed the lights and stuff dimming, I went have it checked at autozone.
15. Shouldn't mazda have to do the sound deadening? I don't want to pay for their cost cutting.
16. My friend's '12 SkyActiv doesn't do this.
17. I believe so too. But dealer claims there's no issue.

Oh well. Guess this is karma for trading in my 6 without the Bose sub. Hahaha.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
^^^^^THIS

Most of your electrical problems are more than likely caused by your bad battery if it is indeed bad. Why your dealer says otherwise, who knows go somewhere else.
The rest of the little nit picks are not covered under warranty.
If you go in with a bad attitude and a list of demands you want done for free youre not gonna get taken care of. Trust me Im a mechanic and I regularly come across these type of people. Being polite and reasonable goes a very long way

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure on any TSB's but my car also does 10,14,15,16,and 17 on your list..pretty sure the hard start is a battery issue sometimes I have to crank mine for 5 seconds straight and it sputters dealer said my battery only puts out 275CA

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
lol.... if your cars were perfect with no problems before this I have no idea how that's possible. ALLLLLL cars have some of these problems and no car is perfect.... Sorry but you are way too picky...... Some things are known problems others are just ridiculous. Good luck finding the perfect car out there. That is all.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
I've brought my car to dealer, contacted corperate, everything. Dealer claims problems are either "normal" or that they can't fix them due to risk that something else will get damaged. Corperate isn't doing anything. If anyone has TSBs for any of these issues or anything, please share them :)

1.Hard shifting at highway speeds

2. Rust forms on brakes within 20 minutes of being parked.

3. Sunroof leaks in carwashes.

4. Drivers door window rattles.

5. Bad wiper blades.

6. Loose gauge cluster.

7. Car squeaky when exiting after parking.

8. Misaligned hood.

9. Front bumper chipped to shit FOR NO REASON with only 3k miles. Tons of little microchips and it gets worse by the day.

10. Headlights dim/flicker when braking.

11. A/C blows on feet in the face position.

12. Front doors creaky when closing or when driving with windows down.

13. BOTH front exterior mirrors rattle with music, when closing doors or when driving at highway speeds.

14. Battery was tested four times at two different autozone locations, both say battery is bad with 100% charge. Mazda claims otherwise.

15. Rattle in rear of car when driving on bumpy roads.

16. Vibration between 45-55MPH. Feels like engine is struggling.

17. Car hesitates to start at times.

Keep in mind guys, my car is TWO months old. Bought on 1/5/2013. I have 3,800 miles on it. I think it's ludicrous that this car has more issues than both of my 6's (2003 & 2006) I had prior to the 3. As I said, dealership WILL NOT FIX ANYTHING. Corperate won't be ANYTHING. The only thing that they have fixed was my driver's door handle that was inoperable. I don't know what to do. I'm tired of dealing with everything.

1. No idea
2. This is normal for damn near every street car.
3. Get it fixed
4. Yes. Rattles happen. This isnt a luxury brand.
5. Seriously? Get Bosch icons and have 10x better than oem quality
6. You sure?
7. Squeaks and rattles happen.
8. Doubt it
9. No reason? Probably debris from the road.
10. Normal. They do it when you turn the wheel too.
11. To be expected
12. No idea
13. Normal for a lot of cars
14. Then get a new fucking battery
15. Rattles happen when shit gets bumpy.
16. No idea
17. So does mine. But it always starts. So I'm not worried

Go to new dealer. Explain issue #1 3 12 16

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, guess we got some smartasses around here. I realize no car will be PERFECT but y'all swear I'm a "nit-picker" because I don't like rattles and expect my windshield wipers to be NEW in my brand new car. I don't go into the dealership screaming or demanding anything either, I go in politely and tell them my issues.. I even joke around with the two service reps. As far as everything on my list, it's not normal, not in a brand new car at least and I don't enjoy dealing with it. My mom gets brand new cars every year and lots of other family members have brand new cars, none of theirs sound like a piece of shit rattle-boxes. I made this post asking if there were any TSBs on these issues and basically stating what I am experiencing and what has been done. I didn't expect to be bashed because I don't like the issues occurring with my car.

Now, like I've said twice already, my other two Mazdas (2003 Mazda6 and 2006 Mazda 6) did NOT HAVE RATTLES. Which is the reason why I bought the new 3 in the first place, because they were QUALITY cars so I expected my NEW Mazda to be superior or at least equivalent, as far as quality goes.

Not sure on any TSB's but my car also does 10,14,15,16,and 17 on your list..pretty sure the hard start is a battery issue sometimes I have to crank mine for 5 seconds straight and it sputters dealer said my battery only puts out 275CA
I knew that the SkyActiv engines will sometimes have a delayed startup, as Mazda says. I forget exactly why. When my dealer tested my battery, he tested it at 475CCA. Very odd number. Lol

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
Wow, guess we got some smartasses around here. I realize no car will be PERFECT but y'all swear I'm a "nit-picker" because I don't like rattles and expect my windshield wipers to be NEW in my brand new car. I don't go into the dealership screaming or demanding anything either, I go in politely and tell them my issues.. I even joke around with the two service reps. As far as everything on my list, it's not normal, not in a brand new car at least and I don't enjoy dealing with it. My mom gets brand new cars every year and lots of other family members have brand new cars, none of theirs sound like a piece of shit rattle-boxes. I made this post asking if there were any TSBs on these issues and basically stating what I am experiencing and what has been done. I didn't expect to be bashed because I don't like the issues occurring with my car.

Now, like I've said twice already, my other two Mazdas (2003 Mazda6 and 2006 Mazda 6) did NOT HAVE RATTLES. Which is the reason why I bought the new 3 in the first place, because they were QUALITY cars so I expected my NEW Mazda to be superior or at least equivalent, as far as quality goes.
Omg if you don't like trade the dam thing in and go buy an old 06 again and move on. Mine RATTKES TOO AND I DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT IT.. NOTHING IS PERFECT.

·
Zoom-Zoom To Da Crib.
622 Posts
I think it's bs too if all these issues are coming up, why are you guys fighting with him? Lol mine has 52,000miles and no rattles.

Reactions: Mazzy
1 - 20 of 48 Posts