2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed up the wheels again... Not sure if I like this color or the gunmetal... oh well.

Some info...
Wheels are Niche Targa 18x8 et40 w/ 225/45-18 on H&R Springs w/ stock shocks. (really crappy tires from previous owner so... eventually I'm thinking 235/40-18's should be perfect...
Aero kit is ZestJDM OEM replica painted Dark Grey Metallic w/ Crystal Soul Red accent.
Rear Hatch wing is China (AliExpress) custom Carbon Fiber w/ JDM Axela emblem (has pins to align in holes)
25% window tint all around
James Barone Racing Mudflaps

I kinda ran out of money... so custom Magnaflow exhaust is pending... Also, my exhaust guy is booked up for a few weeks.
Also, not sure if I want to do a chrome delete, but headlight mod will be coming once I harvest the money tree. :|

Anyway, pics here.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm still working on the DRL situation but these are just parking lights (one click past AUTO on the stalk)

Very nice car!

How did you manage to make just the halos turn on as your drl? Thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not really a fan of the 2017 front redesign but somehow you make it look good. Very nice touch with the color match aero parts and a hint of color in the calipers. VHT burnt Copper?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really a fan of the 2017 front redesign but somehow you make it look good. Very nice touch with the color match aero parts and a hint of color in the calipers. VHT burnt Copper?
Yep. I believe it's burnt copper.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Chu, dip or replace the chrome by your windows. Otherwise it looks perfect!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Awesome looking car, I kind of liked the black wheels too.

Reactions: chutoyy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Chu, dip or replace the chrome by your windows. Otherwise it looks perfect!
haha.. I have some vinyl wrap but I don't know what I want to do with the rest of the chrome yet... Also waiting on some prototype stuff to hopefully pop up soon before I do anything else to the car.

Can I get a link to that rear wing?
I used AliExpress... Search for Mazda 3 axela hatchback rear wing spoiler or something like that...

Here's a link, but NOT the one I used.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...lgo_pvid=aac2eb2d-cfb3-411c-89f2-a174c8ffa388

·
Registered
150 Posts
Just curious but how did you mount your wing just 3m tape. I know some stuff from aliexpress doesn't necessarily have mounting points or hardware.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just curious but how did you mount your wing just 3m tape. I know some stuff from aliexpress doesn't necessarily have mounting points or hardware.
The wing I got replaced the entire OEM piece so it uses the original 4 mounting locations.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Changed up the wheels again... Not sure if I like this color or the gunmetal... oh well.

Some info...
Wheels are Niche Targa 18x8 et40 w/ 225/45-18 on H&R Springs w/ stock shocks. (really crappy tires from previous owner so... eventually I'm thinking 235/40-18's should be perfect...
Aero kit is ZestJDM OEM replica painted Dark Grey Metallic w/ Crystal Soul Red accent.
Rear Hatch wing is China (AliExpress) custom Carbon Fiber w/ JDM Axela emblem (has pins to align in holes)
25% window tint all around
James Barone Racing Mudflaps

I kinda ran out of money... so custom Magnaflow exhaust is pending... Also, my exhaust guy is booked up for a few weeks.
Also, not sure if I want to do a chrome delete, but headlight mod will be coming once I harvest the money tree. :|

Anyway, pics here.

Link for the H&R Springs?

·
Registered
12 Posts
where did you get your window visors? is that part of the zestjdm aerokit? also do you by any chance have zestjdms return address? im trying to pick up something from their warehouse/store but theyre not answering my emails/texts

1 - 20 of 37 Posts