2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that have flashed back to stock...which file did you use? The initial Stock.Dump, or the first .HEX file OV gave you?

If it is the dump, do you just change the file extension?

·
SpeedySpeedBoy313
52 Posts
After I sent in my ROM dump and ECU Read info, they sent me a STOCK.hex , and a 91 Octane BASE.hex . He never sent me any .dump files. You should email him and ask him directly.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I sent in my ROM dump and ECU Read info, they sent me a STOCK.hex , and a 91 Octane BASE.hex . He never sent me any .dump files. You should email him and ask him directly.
That is the one I think I'm referring to. Per their instructions, that first pull creates a file and they said to name it stock.dump. from that point on, you never pull again, and just flash their files.

So sounds like that initial dump is worthless, and flashing back to stock would mean I use that very first HEX file he sent me.

·
SpeedySpeedBoy313
52 Posts
That is the one I think I'm referring to. Per their instructions, that first pull creates a file and they said to name it stock.dump. from that point on, you never pull again, and just flash their files.

So sounds like that initial dump is worthless, and flashing back to stock would mean I use that very first HEX file he sent me.
Right, I believe the .dump is just for the Tuner to use, and not actually a file that you can flash to your ECU. If you want to flash to the factory/stock tune, then you would use the one that has STOCK.hex in the name.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The dump file must be created so the tuner can generate a stock hex file that can be altered during the tune process. Each stock hex file can be slightly unique, as it may contain updates/changes that Mazda uploaded at the time the ECU was programmed. So your tune files are altered versions of the stock file. You only need the stock hex file when you wish to flash back to stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts