2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

841 - 852 of 852 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Necessary Maintenance

Hello, I have a 2013 mazda3 i with 52k miles. I live in Florida if that is relevant. Is there certain maintenance that is actually needed? Of course the dealership is recommending all kinds of fluid flushes and A/C refresh, etc. What is actually needed now or soon? Is it normally about time for brake service? Other than oil changes/wheel rotations, the only things i've done are new tires and battery. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
4,160 Posts
Coolant flush/replace, brake fluid flush/replace , replace transmission fluid and clutch fluid, if your brakes have not been serviced they probably will need it too.
If you are relying on the dealer to service your car honestly, you need to rethink that. I hope you have not been paying the dealer to keep your tires filled with nitrogen.:surprise:

·
Registered
3 Posts
No, i really don't trust the dealer, or other places either. I usually turn down whatever they suggest, but now that my mileage is getting a bit high, i figure it's time to get some services done. I might switch to firestone anyway since i used them for new tires and i have lifetime rotations for free. Thanks for the info, i will probably get those things done next time i get an oil change.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another questions about maintenance, for a 2013 mazda3 i with 60k miles. What are these things the dealer is recommending, and do i need them?

Fuel service
emission service
evap service
a/c system refresh

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!
I have just test driven a 2012 Mazda 3 skyactiv with automatic transmission, and I have a quick question for y'all.

Is it normal for the transmission to noticeably shift? I'm not sure I would call it shaking, or stuttering, but I could definitely feel the gears shift up and down. The shifting down felt a little like when you slow to a stop in a high gear with a manual transmission -- that stuttering just before the car stalls.

In contrast, I test drove a 2015 model, and it was super smooth. Should I avoid buying that first one?

·
Registered
399 Posts
My 2013 Mazda 3 does that. The transmission also delays before shifting into drive from reverse.
Not a smooth transmission at all

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Hi!
I have just test driven a 2012 Mazda 3 skyactiv with automatic transmission, and I have a quick question for y'all.

Is it normal for the transmission to noticeably shift? I'm not sure I would call it shaking, or stuttering, but I could definitely feel the gears shift up and down. The shifting down felt a little like when you slow to a stop in a high gear with a manual transmission -- that stuttering just before the car stalls.

In contrast, I test drove a 2015 model, and it was super smooth. Should I avoid buying that first one?
Its normal

841 - 852 of 852 Posts