2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

821 - 840 of 852 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,184 Posts
Any idea what used to be in the hole in the attached picture? I bought my 2012 Mazdaspeed3 a few about a week ago and it came with the hole. Didn't even notice it till after the sale. It has a Styrofoam insert with nothing inside.

The picture didn't show up.

Edit:
I copied you picture link into safari. That's where the tow hook goes. My guess is that the previous owner had a plate relocate mount and drilled a hole into the tow hook cover. I did the same for my plate mount. You'll have to source a new cover or get a mount, CPe, JBR, CS, Matt Damon, take your pick.

·
Da belle of da ball.
3,542 Posts
Any idea what used to be in the hole in the attached picture? I bought my 2012 Mazdaspeed3 a few about a week ago and it came with the hole. Didn't even notice it till after the sale. It has a Styrofoam insert with nothing inside.

That's where the tow hook goes. Previous owner had a tow hook license plate mount and drilled the cover for it. I'm sure you can get a new cover somewhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The picture didn't show up.

Edit:
I copied you picture link into safari. That's where the tow hook goes. My guess is that the previous owner had a plate relocate mount and drilled a hole into the tow hook cover. I did the same for my plate mount. You'll have to source a new cover or get a mount, CPe, JBR, CS, Matt Damon, take your pick.
It was driving me crazy! Thank you. I will have to work on my images as well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anybody notice a strange noise from passenger side (right side) when you ride a Mazda3 +2014 hatchback above 190 Km/h (120 mph)? :|
I noticed that above 200 Km/h (125 mph) it seems to disappear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This question pertains to trying to find out more about certin parts from the 2012 japan models,(or other markets) mainly the special edition sport (20s/20C) skyactiv-g
Was the sound proof glass availble on other models?
does anyone know how to get part numbers for jspec models?
the additonal sound deading under the dash and Apillers, is this found in the north american models?
And the aluminim 15 inch rims, if the 16inch rims weigh 16 LBS, thier 15inch should weigh 15lbs each.. I just guessing of course.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First post on the forum, I just created my account today. I found this forum would frequently come up through my google searches when looking for answers to questions I have. I recently bought a Certified Pre Owned 2012 Mazda 3 HB skyactiv w/ 56k miles and as with all new car purchases you obsess over your car for awhile and personalize it in your little ways. You start noticing things that you want to adjust to better suit you,etc. I'm posting on this minor question thread because something I've been battling with is my headlights. Everything is stock. My job requires some night travel through rural FL at times and I noticed the headlights were very bright and I was extremely happy about that but they only projected for like 2 car lengths. The 01' protege I upgraded from had better distance then that w/yellowed reflector style lights, so I adjusted the headlights accordingly and I have them at the distance I would like. What I would like to gain from this post is, has anyone had the same issue? Can someone post a picture of what the light pattern looks like on a garage or something? I'm afraid I may have over adjusted them and would like a point of reference. So far I haven't had any motorists flash me to inform me I was blinding them, but that doesn't mean much. Thank you all. I attached a pic of my car, I've since tinted the windows and put a coat of wax on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2012 mz3 2.5 and my fog lights recently went out all together. I troubleshooted and found that it is not the bulb. I'm trying to find the fog light relay, where would that be? Searches on his site and Internet have been inconclusive. The fuse is fine.

·
Super Moderator
6,184 Posts
I have a 2012 mz3 2.5 and my fog lights recently went out all together. I troubleshooted and found that it is not the bulb. I'm trying to find the fog light relay, where would that be? Searches on his site and Internet have been inconclusive. The fuse is fine.
@colorcopies replaced his relay a long while back. If I remember correctly, water had got into it and destroyed it. I think he said it was behind the front bumper. I'll ask him to reply to this.

·
Super Moderator
6,184 Posts
@dbrandone

From @colorcopies:

"It's on the wiring harness behind the bumper on the passenger side. [You have] to order the relay from Mazda becuase Auto Zone and O'Reilly have to order them and they're too big."

The fog light relay is #3 in this picture:
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1454610031.690255.jpg

Edit:
It's attached to the washer fluid container.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Anybody notice a strange noise from passenger side (right side) when you ride a Mazda3 +2014 hatchback above 190 Km/h (120 mph)? :|
I noticed that above 200 Km/h (125 mph) it seems to disappear.
I believe that's the police siren sound passing through the passenger side sound deadening.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...If I ever hit 120 and hear a noise (besides a siren), i'll report back and actually make myself useful....

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
When torquing the front sway bar do you have to torque the bolts with the wheels loaded like the rear sway bar? I'm getting some intense knocking on some bumps and I'm really hoping its not the strut tower that I may or may not have slightly bent in the middle hammering out the centre part I had 99% percent cut out for coilovers...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anybody know if there is any way to stop your phone from disconnecting/stopping music playback when the vehicle shifts into park? I've got an iPhone 6 Plus and drive a 2013 GS Skyactiv HB.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quick question, do eibach pro-kits for gen 1's fit gen 2's? On their website they sell different springs for each gen. Only asking cause a local guy is selling his bnib gen 1 springs for cheap. No reason to pay full price for gen 2 if I can use his instead.

821 - 840 of 852 Posts