2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

801 - 820 of 852 Posts

·
Warranty Voider
24 Posts
Thank you for the reply. Previous cars I had rarely saw the dealer so I dont have much experience with them and mods.

They'll definitely notice it, but it won't outright void your warranty. Only warranty claims they can deny (by law) are those which are specifically affected by those parts. So if you had a problem with your throttle body then they could easily argue that it's not covered because of your aftermarket intake, but it would take some rrrreally creative logic to deny an issue with the washer pump.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know jack about tire pressures so I need some help with this idea. Driving down to LA this weekend and since it's just a long straight shot of boring and almost entirely straight highway, I was thinking about inflating my tires a bit to improve mileage.

Good/bad idea? I just checked my pressure on my 225/40 R18 s.drives and they are at 32 PSI. 38 PSi sounds reasonable?

Disclaimer: I haven't actually been out to check the max PSI on my sidewall yet.
I use to deliver pizzas and found a couple tricks to increase mpg. As long as the load rating on your tire is decent, you can pump it at max psi easily without any worries, including if you accidentally run into a pothole or over a curb. You could probably inflate it 30psi over max, but then you'll run into issues where if you ran over a pothole your tire may blow.

If you want to keep your tires stiff (for turning) and better mpg, then inflate it to max, or a couple under max if you're still nervous about it.

---
Things to remember is to check your tire wear. If you inflate it too much then the center of the tire will wear out quick, but max tire pressure should wear the tire evenly still.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
So after installing my BC Racing coilovers, all has gone well except there's a knocking around the right front strut area when going slowly over small bumps and I can't problem solve this... I'm going to add one of the sound isolating pads from the oem struts and tighten the centre bolt tomorrow but if neither helps, give a listen and toss some suggestions my way! It'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://youtu.be/zh0cFacQzVA

·
Super Moderator
6,184 Posts
So after installing my BC Racing coilovers, all has gone well except there's a knocking around the right front strut area when going slowly over small bumps and I can't problem solve this... I'm going to add one of the sound isolating pads from the oem struts and tighten the centre bolt tomorrow but if neither helps, give a listen and toss some suggestions my way! It'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://youtu.be/zh0cFacQzVA

Check your front end links too. Make sure they're tight and not rubbing up against anything in there.

·
The New CWP 3
496 Posts
Check your front end links too. Make sure they're tight and not rubbing up against anything in there.
Any suggestions for tightening the bottom bolt, the one connected to the sway bar? If I remember correctly there's not much room for torquing, just have to go hard (I have removed the right one from the sway bar because allen key holes are stupid...) Thanks!

·
Thunder up
14 Posts
got myself a 2013 hatchback i grandtouring. just curious how good the car is on snow... I live in oklahoma city, and even though it doesnt snow much, the snow never gets cleaned and it becomes ice. wondering if i should wait after this winter before I lower the car change the wheels for some 18". i have a job that i cant miss even if it were to be a blizzard .
advice?

·
Registered
484 Posts
got myself a 2013 hatchback i grandtouring. just curious how good the car is on snow... I live in oklahoma city, and even though it doesnt snow much, the snow never gets cleaned and it becomes ice. wondering if i should wait after this winter before I lower the car change the wheels for some 18". i have a job that i cant miss even if it were to be a blizzard .
advice?
Wait until the winter comes and put the snow tires on your stock wheels. After winter get some 18s, but keep the stock wheels/snow tire setup for every following winter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My question, I have a 2015 S GT with the tech package. the Mazda Emblem in the front grille is a nearly flat piece of plastic, does it have a Sensor behind it, or is it strictly an aesthetic piece common to the S GT?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
My question, I have a 2015 S GT with the tech package. the Mazda Emblem in the front grille is a nearly flat piece of plastic, does it have a Sensor behind it, or is it strictly an aesthetic piece common to the S GT?
Yes there is a sensor behind it. Not sure what it does, but im sure its has to with lane changes or that iStop thing.. Its important

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2012 mazdaspeed3 and the intercooler cover is missing one of its corksport screws. Any thoughts where I can get a replacement? Google hasn't been much help.

·
Super Moderator
6,184 Posts
I have a 2012 mazdaspeed3 and the intercooler cover is missing one of its corksport screws. Any thoughts where I can get a replacement? Google hasn't been much help.

Reach out to Corksport. This reminds me that I need to do the same for a screw for my cold air box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reach out to Corksport. This reminds me that I need to do the same for a screw for my cold air box.
Thanks for the info. Its just a standard screw with that cool red washer that said "corksport" on it. Reached out to corksport and they weren't much help. Will just replace it with a generic screw with red sunk in washer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any idea what used to be in the hole in the attached picture? I bought my 2012 Mazdaspeed3 a few about a week ago and it came with the hole. Didn't even notice it till after the sale. It has a Styrofoam insert with nothing inside.

801 - 820 of 852 Posts