2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am planning to get this car soon, I wanted to make sure of the features, my dealer seems clueless about the active safety features in the car

In the demo car, under the safety settings I can see the following
- Distance Recognition Support System (DRSS)
- Smart Brake Support (not to be confused with Smart City Brake Support)

and some other settings I cant remember now.

I have an on/off button named (RVM: Rear Vehicle Monitor on the lower left from the steering wheel, no settings for it in the MZD Connect, I assume this is the Blind Spot Monitoring System) also there is an on/off button for the "Lane Departure Warning"

And I have the adaptive cruise control buttons on the steering wheel (also no settings for it in the Connect system)

Btw, the system version is v28

I can see the camera / laser port behind the mirror and also the Mazda logo background is fully solid black so I assume that is where the radar is installed

When I asked the dealer about the features, he said that it has collision warning, and Smart City Brake Support (brakes in low speed) however the thing I am confused about is that there is no settings for the Smart City Brake Support, only for Smart Brake Support (which is radar based braking system for high speeds) and under it there there are settings for warning distance (near / medium / far) and some other settings.

So for the owners of the tech package, can you share what is under the "Safety Settings" ? and what are the sub-menus you have? do you have Smart City Brake Support and / or Smart Brake Support? are they the same? (I have read that they are not the same!) and what about the Mazda Radar Cruise Control, do you have a setting for this under the "Safety Settings" in the MZD Connect or only in the steering wheel ?

Cheers

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, I have looked at the videos but they don't show exactly the mzd connect safety settings, I have requested the dealer to provide me with official specs from Mazda as he appears not very knowledgeable about the subject, he keeps telling me that there is only cruise control and no adaptive cruise control although I can see clearly the buttons of the adaptive cruise, the set + and - and the distance up and down and below 2 buttons on and off. Guess easiest way for this is to test drive and try it out. It sucks to have a dealer not knowledgeable about the product, how do they sale stuff they don't understand is beyond me

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After long research I think you guys are confusing scbs (which is short range) with sbs (smart brake support) which is mid to long range using milli radar or whatever they call it, fow is just a warning and it doesn't apply the brakes, sbs is what applies the brakes from 15kmh to 145kmh. The scbs only works from 0 to 30kmh

It's confusing, a lot of terminologies and it's different from region to region and the dealers ignorance of the exact details of the tech packages doesn't help either.

Rear Vehicle Monitor (rvm) is exactly the same as Blind spot monitoring (bsm) why the hell do you name it differently in different regions?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.