2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does USA Mazda3 (with tech package, of course) have Smart Brake Support (as opposed to Smart City Brake Support)? I can't find anything in materials or otherwise about this. According to the brochure, Smart City Brake Support will apply brakes between 2 mph and 18 mph. I've read about Forward Obstruction Warning (which is warning only, no brakes). Does Mazda Radar Cruise Control just let off the gas, or does it actively apply the brakes if closing too fast? Does any system apply positive braking action above 18 mph?

And yes, I'm talking about the tech package on the s GT. I'm picking up a 2015 s GT, auto, red/almond soon.
I've only had the car for a few days but I did test this out.

Does Mazda Radar Cruise Control just let off the gas, or does it actively apply the brakes if closing too fast? Does any system apply positive braking action above 18 mph?

I set the Cruise Control to 70, and had the range to far (close, medium, far). As I was hitting traffic, the car let off on the throttle+brake or down-shift (this part I'm un-sure) AND when the speed hit around 20 (I don't remember the number, just remember it was slow) the Cruise Control shut itself off, beeped and I had to apply the brakes to fully stop.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.