2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you replace your stock bars with larger bars, are the new bushings and brackets larger too? . If the brackets are larger, doesn't it mean the mounting holes on new larger brackets will not align with mounting holes on the car's frame? Unless the new bushings are the same size as the existings but thinner to accomodate the larger bars and therefore the new brackets are also the same size as stocks.

Can some one confirm? I am still trying to figure out, without seeing, if MS3 bars will fit standard Mz3.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
The only thing that changes with an aftermarket sway is the id. of the bushings to accomodate the larger diameter bar. The brackets and od. of the bushings are the same as stock on both MS3 and MZ3. MS3 bars have 12mm endlink bolt holes so if you want to use MZ3 endlinks you have to use reducer bushings. Or you could just buy MS3 endlinks and have a perfect fit.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I thought the problem with the endlink bolt holes was only for 1st Gen swap. I didn't even know at this point if the swap is even possible for the 2nd gen and that's what I am trying to find out. No one has done or confirmed it yet.

So I can use the existing brackets with new bushings and larger bars? (if the swap is possible).

thx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts