2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Alon
I own 2016 Mazda 3 two litter engine premium pluse .

I have a few question I thought you might be able to assist me. If you can send links or reply here that will be great.

2. I have leather seats, can I buy an heating unit and install it in my car?

3. I read here something that we can change the curse control to adaptive curse control?

4. Can I change the car break assist up to 80kmh as the new model? Mine do that up to 30 kmh,
also the steering wheel correction, can I add it?

5. Remote start. Can I add it to my car?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it.
ALON

·
Registered
176 Posts
Curse control? Well the best thing to do for that is to just think more about what you say and when you say it man.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol I needed few sec to understand what you're talking about.
And sorry for that, English is not my first language, it's like the third lol

Curse control? Well the best thing to do for that is to just think more about what you say and when you say it man.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Come on, you pros.

I've got a feeling the poster is using a secondary language on here. My attempt at using a second language has made me too humble to point out someone else's mistakes, especially if/when spell check wouldn't catch the spelling mistakes either.

Are there any pros on here who can help this poster? :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Upgrades

Hi my name is Alon

I have a few question I thought you might be able to assist me. If you can send links or reply here that will be great.

I haven't heard of this being done, but I've seen units you can attach to your seats and plug into the power outlet.

3. I read here something that we can change the curse control to adaptive curse control?

A user on these forums did it, but it definitely looks involved. He had to purchase a new front emblem, a radar unit to mount in the engine bay, replace his steering wheel controls, and use Asbuilt to alter his car settings. He details all of the steps he took (about 6 months worth of work).

4. Can I change the car break assist up to 80kmh as the new model? Mine do that up to 30 kmh,

I don't think this has been successfully done yet.

ALON
Yes! There are a lot of options out there. The one I used was Evo One from Fortrin with the Thar-One-Maz3 harness. It took about an hour to install, and works with the factory remotes. Unlike a lot of others, it doesn't shut the car off when you open the door to get in, which is an added bonus.

Orville

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi my name is Alon

ALON
2. Yes, it is possible to add a heating unit to your seats. You will need to remove and then re-install the leather. Do a search and you will find descriptions of the process and parts involved.
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...eated-seats-be-installed-on-the-Touring-model

3. Adaptive cruise involves addition of a radar unit and associated parts. The display, controls and software may also need to be modified in your car. This will likely not be easy or cheap. Also, if not done properly this may contribute to an accident. For an example of challenges you may encounter in trying to upgrade the cruise control read this thread:
http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/.../57810-cruise-control-add-2014-mazda-3-a.html

4. The higher speed brake assist uses different components than the standard lower speed brake assist. The lane change assist involves a camera and control system. In theory, both systems could be retrofitted, but parts will be costly and installation on a 2016 will not be a simple DIY project.

5. Remote start is relatively easy and inexpensive to install.

If you really want modifications 2, 3 and 4, a retrofit may not be much cheaper than trading for a car equipped with these systems.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
My only caution is if you're driving manual transmission don't install remote start. It bypasses the clutch safety switch so if you leave it in gear (or forget!) Your car will lurch forward when you try to start it remotely.

You would have to leave it in neutral with the parking brake on. Leaving it in first is safer since the engine compression helps prevent rolling. You'd be relying on the e-brake only. Forgot once and it could be a disaster. I knew someone that did this and smashed his car into his garage wall.

If you're driving automatic, there's no problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts