2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

New to the forum. Looking for insight into the following:

1. What is the part called? Is it worth getting?
2. Anything I can ask the LA dealer to do since it's been over 6 months?

I have a 2009 Mazda 3 Hatchback (red color :) ). I took it in for an oil change and air filter change back in April of this year to a dealer in LA. I've now moved to SF and just a week ago, I noticed a screw loose on the floor on the passenger side. In between this time, the car has been solely in my possession and not taken for service anywhere.

Please see the pictures of what looks like is a missing plastic panel. The other picture is of the underside of the glove compartment and you can see the exposed part.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Happy holidays!

LittleRedCar

Attachments

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
its just a trim panel, i have one loose in my 08 from the passenger side center console and i just leave it in the trunk as it never seems to wanna go back in once it comes out. if you go to the dealer have them pull up a diagram of the dash it may cover the fuse panel like in my 08 and if so its a good idea to have it as it has the fuse diagram on it. its a kick panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi kms1990, Merry Christmas! Thanks for the reply. What part should I look up "trim panel" or "kick panel" I am trying to find it in the after market. For your 08, do you leave that piece off? Is there any adverse effect? Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
No adverse effect, unless your passenger has a kicking problem. If you can find a parts yard that has Mazdas you can get the part a lot cheaper than new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts