2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
After buying my second hand Mazda 3 Touring 2014, I've learnt alot from these forums, thank you all.
I'm now interested in entertaining the idea of installing Android Auto using the AIO Tweaks. I know I need to downgrade and perform the serial connection process.
I have firmware version 70.00.100 installed, it came like that when I bought the car. I know I need to downgrade to an earlier firmware, I think V59 or so.. can anyone confirm what firmware version I need for optimum AA performance?
And the main question of this thread is, when I downgrade to this version that's optimum for AA, can anyone tell me what other side effects this will have, versus version 70.00.100 that I might need to be aware of? (I'm assuming there are some bug fixes Mazda did between V59 and V70 that I'll miss out on which I'd like to know about).
Thanks again for all the help and information here.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
As there is only 59.00.502 ADR for your region available for us, there are no other options for you to use this FW59 I guess. And yes, you will miss out a lot of bigfixes in comparison to FW70. See changelog file at hi.drive.server or this one at nhtsa.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Sorry for the newbie questions (I'm sure the answers are in the forum somewhere and I need to do more research), given I know what I'm doing, then I can flick between V 59.00.502 AND V70 without issues providing I understand the serial connection process well etc?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yes. As long as you know what you are doing. All on your own risk. Stick to the FW update manual to the word. And for downgrading someone suggested to switch the file installation order (of the reinstall file and other file). That should be more save.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hi All,
After buying my second hand Mazda 3 Touring 2014, I've learnt alot from these forums, thank you all.
I'm now interested in entertaining the idea of installing Android Auto using the AIO Tweaks. I know I need to downgrade and perform the serial connection process.
I have firmware version 70.00.100 installed, it came like that when I bought the car. I know I need to downgrade to an earlier firmware, I think V59 or so.. can anyone confirm what firmware version I need for optimum AA performance?
And the main question of this thread is, when I downgrade to this version that's optimum for AA, can anyone tell me what other side effects this will have, versus version 70.00.100 that I might need to be aware of? (I'm assuming there are some bug fixes Mazda did between V59 and V70 that I'll miss out on which I'd like to know about).
Thanks again for all the help and information here.
@jamie1029

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you @Radarwild @Tristan-cx5
As I am on firmware version 70.00.100 4AN (including failsafe) which was upgraded via Mazda dealer and I want AA to work so I do the following in this order can you confirm?
1. Downgrade firmware from 70.00.100 to 59.00.502. First downgrade failsafe, then downgrade firware, and use the link below for the firmware and the instructions:
2. Gain Serial access meticulously following steps from this link:
3. Now I have serial access, install the required v 2.8.6 tweaks.

Is that the right order? And if I want to reverse what I did I'm assuming the AIO tweaks allow me to uninstall everything and then where do I find the 70.00.100 fw again? (couldn't find it on the hidrive site). Thanks for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts