2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I hate the plain rubber pedals on my 2017 hatch. And I'm not a cheapskate so I would really just get the Mazda ones and skip out on the deadpedal as as it's covered by my carpet liner. Anyways what I'm not into is drilling on the interior for that accelerator pedal as the guide shows. So wondering about just going with this pedal set like this instead. I read an old forum post on aluminum pedals and I believe some other members have used these. Or maybe the OEM ones for the brake and clutch and buy aftermarket for accelerator pedal.

4pcs No-Drill Whole Set Manual Foot Pedal Pad For Mazda 3 Mazda 6 CX-5 2015 2016 | eBay

·
*The Electrician*
978 Posts
I think member "roadtrip" has that ebay pedal kit, check out his build thread. I actually just received my pedal kit from mazda and am 2nd guessing my choice. I tried for an hour to get the clutch one installed and gave up. The gas pedal drilling is not something I favor either, or the dead pedal which will end up being mostly covered up anyway when I buy my Weathertech floor liners. I think Im going to ask if they will exchange it for a new ND Miata shift knob instead.

Reactions: Road Trip

·
Gearhead
1,841 Posts
The ebay set linked above by the OP is very similar to what I have -- though mine also say Mazdaspeed on them (I bought them from member @lemansbuilder. As suggested, I do have more info on it both in my build thread and here:

http://mazda3revolution.com/forums/...ay-alloy-pedal-covers-manual-2014-2017-a.html

The clutch and the brake pedals remain real tough to install, and the hair dryer trick is what saved me. At 70 years old, I sure have less muscle mass than younger members on this forum (everyone else) and if I could do it with just the hair dryer and my fingers, it can be done. I do not recommend what one or two have done, which is to use some slippery lubrication stuff, for that will get on your fingers (or gloves) and you will lose all pulling/prying power.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought these ones for 32$ off Amazon a year ago, apparently they're currently unavailable or I'd share the link: AndyGo® Aluminum Car Foot Rest Fuel Brake MT Pedals for Mazda 3. They're still holding up pretty good, lost a couple of the black knobs, but didn't require drilling and easy installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Mazda 3 i Touring 6MT 2.0L
91 Posts
I installed a set from AliExpress and like you, was concerned about quality, but it's amazing what a heat gun and patience can do. The ones I have slip on with minimal effort and then for a more secure fit, just use a heat gun around the edges. Running them since winter and rain, mud, snow, easy(er) to clean and maintenance free-no drilling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 Mazda6 Signature
503 Posts
I've installed the OEM accessories on my Mazda3, and the wife's CX-5. The pedal drilling is really simple and secure. I really wouldn't have worries about that. The dead pedal does require getting behind the carpet and taking a couple of interior components off, but the instructions are good and the clips are beefy and stable.

As for the brake/clutch pedal...yeah, those are the tough ones. I don't have the clutch (Auto), but I believe it's the same design. Some people have said soapy water works, others just said time and patience. The first time I did it, it was a total pain. But when I did the CX-5, I had it on inside of 2 minutes. What's important to know is that the sides of the pedals to really grip on the mount (I don't know why, but it's still secure). These pedals use the top and bottom. Slip the top on and patiently pry on the bottom to get it to slip around the base (slip it around the bottom of the base left to right, or right to left). a flathead screwdriver can help get your finger tips to stretch the rubber around the base.

Reactions: Road Trip
1 - 7 of 7 Posts