2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered one from corksport, they warned me the plate needs to be modified because the AC compressor gets in the way. best tool to do this with? any suggestions/advice about the install in general?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Depends on what needs modification. Generally you don't want contact between the engine travel and the body?

Assuming I have a clue what you're asking about. I'm not so good on the vocabulary; I'm an electronics person.

-Crissa

·
Registered
633 Posts
Screw that, why would you buy a new skid plate that needs modified to fit. If they want the sale let them do the mods.

Pat.

Reactions: swerv0428

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it's a bit unprofessional for them to sell it with customer customizing the part to make it work. there's nothing in the instructions about it either, only reason I knew was because I called to order. If I ordered online and got the part I would have been wtf. not professional at all.

of the limited research I did it's the only company I know that sells one

·
Celest Zoom-Zoom
4,919 Posts
it's a bit unprofessional for them to sell it with customer customizing the part to make it work. there's nothing in the instructions about it either, only reason I knew was because I called to order. If I ordered online and got the part I would have been wtf. not professional at all.

Return it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I found this one on amazon but I am not sure if it will work. [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0088I9D8G[/ame] I think it is the only other one out there. Might be made for the euro models. Also, corksport does say it requires mods to fit the sky on their website. I emailed them and Spencer said it needs to be trimmed to clear the AC compressor.

Edit: the website says for 2.0 models

·
Registered
172 Posts

This is completely false. I am on their website right now and it specifically says:

*The skid tray required modifications to fit 2.0 model Mazda 3's

Not trying to be a corksport fanboy but I think it's fair for them to require a brain and read the directions. The skid plate is listed under the mazdaspeed3's, and just is applicable to the regular mazda3 only if you make modifications.

If you wanted them to make something specifically for the 2.0 you're allowed to send in requests.. lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm a liar, lol. i didn't see the one line in the description that states it requires modification . . . spank me. it would be nice if they described what/where/how modifications.

so back on topic, if anyone installed one to a 2.0 i'm all ears if u have any input

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone comment on the Corksport Skid plate fitting a Mazda 3 Skyactiv? How much modification is needed to fit it? I have TIG welding ability and would love one of these on my skyactiv if it is a "close enough" fit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts