2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yes Dory ; That would be great . Then if you did make a backup/copy to use in your car and it works fine then back to my original question " why couldn't you use a faster class card ? " That way any map upgrading should be processed much faster.... like big-time .

·
Registered
36 Posts
took 3 hours 15 minutes to complete the update. No errors received. Looking forward to checking out in the morning.

Also ordered a class 10 SD card. Will be testing that as well when it arrives in the mail to see if 1) the transfer works and 2) if its faster...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Geez, if it's that easy to do a restore to a new card, I don't really need a backup as if my card crapped out, I could just make a new one via the Toolbox. Maybe having a spare around just in case though might be smart in case of a software glitch right when I need it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Geez, if it's that easy to do a restore to a new card, I don't really need a backup as if my card crapped out, I could just make a new one via the Toolbox. Maybe having a spare around just in case though might be smart in case of a software glitch right when I need it.
This...

Got a Class 10 on the way from Amazon, will keep the original as a backup spare in the garage in case an issue occurs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Following your success report:

In PC I made a backup with Mazda Toolbox and restored in a class 10 SD card
I made a copy with a class 10 SD card, works fine and its faster
I tried (but miserably failed) creating a backup card. Perhaps because my card was a 16GB vs the original card being 8GB, the Mazda_Toolbox_Setup v3.18.1.369834 application refused to recognize it insisting that It could only restore to the original card.

2014-03-08 07.52.57 Restore to another card.png

21 - 32 of 32 Posts