2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!
I bought the original shims for my Mazda 3 2017 front brakes for renewing my brake pads, the shims installation is quite self explaining i would say. But one question is left, which side from the inner shim part goes towards the pad? they have a green and a brown marked side, and the service manual doesn't say anything about it..
I add a picture where you can clearly see what i mean, you see the green side there.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Having done this several times, you'd put the silver bigger ones on and the smaller black shims overtop. They aren't super snug so expect a little slop. The caliper will hold it all together.

The green ones I'm not sure....either the pic is wrong or there has been a part revision. These appear to be just front pads? There's two shims (a big a and a small) on the back of either pad so the number of shims is correct. Just the colour seems different.

But yes as mentioned it'll all be very obvious during disassembly. Usually new pads and shims come with instructions so read them over before diving in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts