2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So usually I read instruction manuals before I buy something to see what kind of labor and tools I will need however this time out of excitement I kind of forgot until after. I ordered my CS CBE for my 2.0L without the race pipe. I noticed in the instruction manual after purchasing that it is required that I cut the stocker off behind the cat. Is this avoidable if I just go ahead and order the race pipe as well? I really don't want to do any cutting.

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Yeah the race pipe is bolt up. But be warned, the CS is loud and the race pipe makes it louder. Sounds pretty good but loud.

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Refer to my avatar.
Yes. So according to your avatar I want msds, CS with race pipe, gutted interior and rpf1's with Goodyear eagle f1 tires.

Sent from that one app with the gay annoying signature

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay thanks a lot for the responses. This leads me to another question. According to several posts all over the web, as on 1/1/13 Cali eliminated tail pipe emissions testing for vehicles 2000+. It appears they are relying on visual as well as obd II. The race pipe should be fine under these new regulations right?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I don't see why not, I got an email today stating they are out of tailpipes until the 22 so I'm redoing my order then and getting the race pipe then
Yep yep I placed an order for mine at the end of last month. I ordered the high flow cat n race pipe. Cant wait to get it.
Also very curious about the msds headers and how much loud it could get with the cs full exhaust.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
Yep yep I placed an order for mine at the end of last month. I ordered the high flow cat n race pipe. Cant wait to get it.
Also very curious about the msds headers and how much loud it could get with the cs full exhaust.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
How much did it cost separate?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Sent from my DROID RAZR
Almost as cool as an sti

·
Registered
142 Posts
it sounds really mean when you get on it.
i have the 2.5 motor with the cs cbe and racepipe and cs intake. very loud but deep tone and nice rumble

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it sounds really mean when you get on it.
i have the 2.5 motor with the cs cbe and racepipe and cs intake. very loud but deep tone and nice rumble
Assuming it will be slightly louder on yours since its 2.5, and mine is the 2.0; how loud is it at a city cruise, and a highway cruise?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
How much did it cost separate?
The Exhaust alone was $549 and then with the High flow Cat and race pipe was an additional $280. i also ordered the exhaust hangars $54. Shiping is $66.86. But i also got a 10% discount so overall total including shipping came out to be $861

1 - 20 of 21 Posts