2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I couldn't find anything similar to my question with the search, so hoping that this really is not a duplicate posting I decided to create a new thread.

I'll soon be the owner of a 2017 CX-3 and I know it uses the same CMU as the Mazda 3. If I'm not mistaken the 2017 version of the 3 model is already presented and there's good information on changes from previous year models.

What I couldn't find were any details on the CMU and if it has changed in any way. So any one have any insight? Is there anything new and improved? What I'm especially curious about is what firmware version it usually ships with and if it is still the one that is still used by the 2016 and older models, or they changed that up.

Hope this is the right place in the forum to ask! Figured it is, because of the other firmware threads. Sorry if not! Cheers and thanks in advance to anyone who can give some info :smile2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mazda is currently in the redesigning process of the CMU. Nobody can receive a replacement from the dealership until May 1, at the EARLIEST. (I have been waiting since around January 3rd). Thats the ETA Backorder date so it may even ship later. They may have already included the fixed CMU in the 2017 models, and they are just slow at making extras for us how need warranty replacements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts