2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Mazda 3 Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any thoughts and/or experience with purchasing a 2017 Mazda3 certified loaner car with less than 7,500 miles on it? Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of?

Any help and/or advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts and/or experience with purchasing a 2017 Mazda3 certified loaner car with less than 7,500 miles on it? Is this a good idea or a bad idea? Are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of?

Any help and/or advice is much appreciated.
Depends on how much better of a deal it is than getting a new 2018. Is it the car that you actually want and just happens to be a great price or something that is cheap that you're compromising on? If its within a few hundred then I'd just get something new since the unknown history isn't worth the money.

That being said, if its what you want and a great deal then the car is going to be covered for a while so you shouldn't have to worry about any issues popping up.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Maybe if you subscribe to the "Hard break in" theory in might be the perfect used car!

I'd consider it myself if the price is right (even though i'm not a subscriber to above theory)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Check the tires, see how much wear difference there is between them all. If it's all the same wear. Then it should be okay. If, there is significant differences in wear patterns such as one tire being new or very used while the rest are the same. There is a significant marked wear by a user or 3 and it's here were you have negotiation.

If you decide to take the car, counter offer services such as warranty, service, etc. in exchange for the added visible wear.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Certified loaner should have been kept tip top, and shouldn't be as bad as a regular fleet or rental vehicle since it was kept at a dealership.

I don't see much of an issue especially given the miles, just a lot more butts in the seat than usual. If the wear is acceptable and the dealer is asking reasonable price for what you want it still has that new car smell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I almost bought a 2017 dealer loaner with about 4500 miles on it. I test drove it and fell in love with it. It was a good price but I was hoping they’d go down a little. I went back a few days later to buy it and the car wasn’t there because they loaned it out. Went back the next day and it had a bunch more miles on it and reeked of smoke - so bad I didn’t think any amount of detailing would get it out. At that point I thought maybe I should look at a new 2018. Mazda is offering lots of rebates on the 3 right now. Plus we got loyalty rebate because we own another Mazda. With all the rebates and my trade in I was able to get the upgraded new car for the same price as the used 2017.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts