2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the exact sub is kfc-w3013ps.... im only buying one i dont want 2 subs. Not sure what amplifier to get need the perfect amp. i was looking at the kenwood 100 watt amp but i keep reading reviews that kenwood amps overheat so need some help..

i hear this sub is good and its cheap on amazon so ima try them out.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
the exact sub is kfc-w3013ps.... im only buying one i dont want 2 subs. Not sure what amplifier to get need the perfect amp. i was looking at the kenwood 100 watt amp but i keep reading reviews that kenwood amps overheat so need some help..

i hear this sub is good and its cheap on amazon so ima try them out.
You have a 400w RMS sub... so you'll need to get an amp that can power that sub properly, power rating around 400w RMS.

You could probably get something like this
Rockford Fosgate P400-1 400W RMS Punch Series Monoblock Amplifier

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
You have a 400w RMS sub... so you'll need to get an amp that can power that sub properly, power rating around 400w RMS.

You could probably get something like this
Rockford Fosgate P400-1 400W RMS Punch Series Monoblock Amplifier
Like Oliver said as long as you get the amp around the same RMS you will be good. I'd also go with a class d mono sub amp, power efficient, low heat dissapation, etc.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Specs show that your sub is a SVC @ 4 ohms. So you will need an amp that is around 400w x 1 @ 4 ohms. I am sure the Rockford Fosgate P400-1 is a good amp but only produces 200w x 1 @ 4 ohms. So you will be seriously under powering that sub.

I better option would be the JL Audio JX360/2 (360 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms)

JL Audio JX360/2 2-channel car amplifier — 110 watts RMS x 2 at Crutchfield.com

I would usually recommend that you take the speakers RMS +/- 10% and that is the amp you should get
In this case 400w RMS for the sub, you want an amp that produces 360w RMS (-10%) to about 440w RMS (+10%)

Kenwood subwoofers are not known to handle power all that well so I would stay on the lower end of the range.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Get a Kicker amp :yes: I used to have one in my old car, and it was great! It had the bassboost control thing by the stereo :tongue:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Either of these two amps will work nicely.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_23548_Hifonics-Brutus-BRZ1200.1D.html#tabs
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9711_Infinity-Reference-1600A.html
I used Sonic Electronix and was very happy with their customer service. I received an amp dead on arrival and they replaced it very quickly. Most importantly, they are very reasonably priced.

Also, make sure you get an appropriate box. A sealed box is great for tight and accurate bass that is focused on sound quality, commonly referred to as SQL; while a ported box is more for loud, yet undefined bass, called SPL. The size of the box matters a lot too! Too small or large of a box will make your woofer sound like shit. The recommended box sizes are as follows;

Sealed:
Min - 1.25 cubic feet
Max - 1.75 cubic feet

Ported:
Min - 2.0 cubic feet
Max - 2.5 cubic feet

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Specs show that your sub is a SVC @ 4 ohms. So you will need an amp that is around 400w x 1 @ 4 ohms. I am sure the Rockford Fosgate P400-1 is a good amp but only produces 200w x 1 @ 4 ohms. So you will be seriously under powering that sub.

I better option would be the JL Audio JX360/2 (360 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms)

JL Audio JX360/2 2-channel car amplifier — 110 watts RMS x 2 at Crutchfield.com

I would usually recommend that you take the speakers RMS +/- 10% and that is the amp you should get
In this case 400w RMS for the sub, you want an amp that produces 360w RMS (-10%) to about 440w RMS (+10%)

Kenwood subwoofers are not known to handle power all that well so I would stay on the lower end of the range.
wth... i thought the Fosgate is 400w rms.. i guess not:stuart:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts