2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in Washington State, and being far up north we can get quite a bit of snow (especially this year). If I slide off into deep snow, is there something for a truck to latch onto to pull me out? I cannot find a tow hook anywhere on this car (I also have not lifted the car up to look underneath).

·
Registered
988 Posts
The tow hook is located in the front bumper of your car. There is a cap which you can remove and this will give you access to the tow hook.

I provided a picture from one our members amazing set up :) (Props to the owner of the car and pic ). On the picture you can see clearly where the tow hook is located :)

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's on the front bumper towards the bottom on either side of the grille. Facing the front of the car it's on the left on the 2017 and right on the 2014-16.

·
Registered
692 Posts
My '15 came with an eye hook that can be screwed into ports in both the front and rear bumpers, after removal of a small cover. The hook is stored near the spare tire.

However, the owner's manual does not make it clear that this is regarded as a device for extracting the vehicle. I believe it says it's for tying them down during shipping.

Strange.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts