2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2018 hatch - didn't notice when I was test driving that there is still some piano black trim: shift ring, and around window switches.

In particular the shift trim: any thoughts on a protective film (I'm thinking something similar to the crystal clear screen protectors that are water activated) on this? Love the black look, but scratches WAY too easily. It'll be looking like garbage in no time.

Anyone vinyl wrapped one?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Following. There are some vinyl-wrapped ones out there, I can't remember who's done it.

I'd love to find a vinyl that closely matches my Soul red exterior.

·
Registered
578 Posts
There's a super ancient thread on vinyl wrapping those pieces on the door handles, vents, and shifter/CMU. Its somewhere on the forum. I can't recall what the thread is called though but it gets recalled pretty often.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Following. There are some vinyl-wrapped ones out there, I can't remember who's done it.

I'd love to find a vinyl that closely matches my Soul red exterior.
E1295A38-EC79-42B0-A4EC-8D21DCF346A0.jpeg
I wrapped this one in satin red. The closest to SoulRed looked kind of cheap and “scratch-able” but worked good for the engine cover. The rest of the piano black I wrapped in Satin Black Brushed metallic (sorry no pic)
16287F08-F72C-4DB9-888E-FBCEDBBE8EE1.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts